What's new

New top cap for Cthulhu Hastur MTL

4Dee

Postman
7564D313-9AC5-44E5-BE01-D6E606765942.jpeg
444EC265-6060-471C-8AB3-C13221293F2F.jpeg

I picked up one of these new top tank section caps for the Hastur tank from FT. I think they come as standard for tanks produced after August this year. I have one of the earlier versions, where there is nothing holding the glass in place, but the newer version is more like the Hastur Mini, so you can access build deck without emptying tank or using vape band to hold glass in place. Pics above show original and new versions.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/9679326

Last edited:
I had no idea these existed, thanks .... I have the old style one too, this could be very handy.

I had no idea these existed, thanks .... I have the old style one too, this could be very handy.

I have the newer version. It has a bigger O ring to hold the glass in place. It works and you can access build deck as long as tank isn't brimmed full of juice.

View attachment 180927 View attachment 180926

I picked up one of these new top tank section caps for the Hastur tank from FT. I think they come as standard for tanks produced after August this year. I have one of the earlier versions, where there is nothing holding the glass in place, but the newer version is more like the Hastur Mini, so you can access build deck without emptying tank or using vape band to hold glass in place. Pics above show original and new versions.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/9679326

Had no idea it had changed. Good spot. I have the new version only and hadn't realised the old version was flawed.

Had no idea it had changed. Good spot. I have the new version only and hadn't realised the old version was flawed.
It was the one flaw that was mentioned in the original reviews of the Hastur. Really pleased that Cthulhu made the new top available, as it makes tank a lot more usable :)

I didn't really think of it as a flaw, it's just a design thing. I have other tanks that you can't open once they are full of liquid and I can't say it's ever really been a problem. The original Siren is the same if I recall .... when you have top fill it doesn't really matter.... this is a better way of doing it though I guess.

Back
Top Bottom