What's new

New MTL RTA 'The Savour'

You using large or small air inlet post.?

large with half a hole in the AFC, I'll try the smaller one after but I was sent it like this so decided to try that first.

impressively smooth and quiet airflow though....

Yes very quite..it’s great for flavour..I have small one fitted that I opened air hole to 1.5mm and it’s perfect for me now as I found it way to tight a draw as it was.

Yes very quite..it’s great for flavour..I have small one fitted that I opened air hole to 1.5mm and it’s perfect for me now as I found it way to tight a draw as it was.

yeah, I have a feeling it might be for me too....

@AJT

I'm vaping on the smaller hole now ... it's too tight for me, it's pretty silly.. the airflow is wide open both sides and it's still super tight ... and with the other one in I have the AFC down to half a hole. .... Ideally I'd like it so I can run it with maybe 2 holes on the afc and be able to adjust that up to two or down to one depending on the coil and liquid I have in, as it is I literally have no adjustment at all.

I have drill bits but only in 1mm increments, I'm wondering if I can just shove a rat tail file down it and file it out a little....

Hi mate..although it’s look a flimsy 1mm hole it’s about the same in depth..it took a bit of by hand drilling but I was being very gentle with it but see no reason if you can get a tool in there..drilling would be way better..I have a mini drill set 0.20mm to 2.5mm it’s got 1-1.2-1.5-1.8mm drills..you can pick them up for £6 ish could be handy for future jobs of same type..
Amazon product ASIN B06XVYP652I drilled it to a 1.5mm hole and is a lot better but still with wide open air I want slightly more..I’m going to try and drill to a 1.8mm hole and see if it’s possible..
I found everything as you do..big one far too much small one far to little no matter air adjustments for the life of me don’t understand how they never got this before deciding on the air hole size..

Can you not get additional different sized pins for it? I’m sure someone posted that in this thread or another one.

Can you not get additional different sized pins for it? I’m sure someone posted that in this thread or another one.

not at the moment that I know of, there was a suggestion that they might/ that they could by Richard, but who knows when that might be?

That’s a shame, it sounds pretty good otherwise.

yeah, I like it ... I can vape it with both, but they are both on the extreme of tight and loose to me. ..... it just needs one right in the middle and it would be spot on. :D

5CDBD597-BEE4-4557-8476-59C1FAA2336A.jpeg
3942AFB5-1251-47DA-984A-0E19410B956E.jpeg
Okay mate so I drilled it out to now 1.8mm
With the air holes just about open at half of last hole it’s the perfect draw for me now..experimenting with air it made no difference full open two open one open only when down to just a half a hole did it draw like I wanted...all sorted for me I will stick with that..
@simong I’m happy to post the 1.8mm drill bit to you it actually fitted into my ryobi one conventional drill and made it real simple to drill out..done in seconds..

Back
Top Bottom