What's new

New MTL MOD required - recommendations?

I'm getting super side tracked, sorry. Is this now a requirement for the recommendation?

It still is Simon as I'm super confused. Does the Pioneer RTA require a mod with these old skool 510 plates? Eyeball kid says it works fine on an Easy Side but that has a perfectly flat 510 plate with no air inlets. Can anyone help clarify?

Now I'm confused ;) From the images and Mark's video review, the 510 plate is totally smooth so no air channels at all. How does the pioneer work on it then?

I'm of the understanding that the Pioneer requires air inlets on the 510 plate - am I wrong?

yeah, you are. ;)

Just watched the start of this... it has a slot and an AFC at the bottom of the tank.

I still like the Vaporesso Swag II for a small, light, pico style mod. I wouldn't call it indestructible by any means but it's very pocket friendly and you could probably find them cheap enough to grab a couple for work.

It still is Simon as I'm super confused. Does the Pioneer RTA require a mod with these old skool 510 plates? Eyeball kid says it works fine on an Easy Side but that has a perfectly flat 510 plate with no air inlets. Can anyone help clarify?

The pioneer has the air inlet on the side of the tank so you will be fine with a regular 510.

Some tanks have the air hole drilled into the 510 threading (like the Innokin T18) - when the 510 is screwed in the air hole will be completely blocked if there arent groves machined into the 510 plate, but this isn't applicable to your tank so don't worry - the thread got a bit diverted.

For a work mod I'm going to be predictable - Geek Vape Aegis Solo gets my vote.

https://vapeuk.co.uk/products/vaporesso-swag-2-box-mod

£25 here.. free delivery.

I have a camo one and it's still going strong.

Great shout Simon, cheap and cheerful :) I've just ordered a camo one too.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations, I'm going to look at a few more and may treat myself to one for use at home which isn't going to get trashed so much. I like the Easy Side but the open top to the battery is a definite no for work as it would get rammed with saw dust and muck in no time - nice and discreet for leisure though. The Aegis solo looks like a good one for work in the future - best save some more pennies!

I was told its not in stock when I ordered a week ago...

I just ordered one and not heard anything about being out of stock, i wouldn't mind though as the guy i bought it for doesn't want it. Might have got some more from their massive display of mods.

Now I'm confused ;) From the images and Mark's video review, the 510 plate is totally smooth so no air channels at all. How does the pioneer work on it then?

I'm of the understanding that the Pioneer requires air inlets on the 510 plate - am I wrong?
No bud. The conversation got side tracked.
The pioneer is side airflow. There isn't to my knowledge any current rta 's that would require bottom airflow channels. It's an old school thing.
I use kayfun lites, pandoras and pioneers on mine just fine.

There isn't to my knowledge any current rta 's that would require bottom airflow channels. It's an old school thing.

I wouldn't have thought so either, it was a youtube reviewer that confused me saying the pioneer wouldn't work on on a particular 510 plate because there were no air inlets! Maybe I got confused, who knows, but I wouldn't have thought anyone would release an atty that wasn't compatible with the vast majority of modern mods! Anyway, confusion cleared!

How do you rate the Pandora vs. Pioneer? I'm tempted by the Pandora too.

Back
Top Bottom