What's new

New MTL MOD required - recommendations?

oh wait, i think i get it. From what i have seen, older Tanks seemed to be thinner and taller so won't have covered the 510 plate as much ?

@MHL So all the Airflow came from the 510, That must of been weird, can't even imagine how it would work as the Tank more or less covers the 510 Plate.
I thought that the airflow came in via the channels (as in Simon's pic above) and slopped in around the outside of the 510 pin somewhere. Could be wrong though, I was a noob at the time.

The calix from by leo had 510 airflow. Used to be pretty common didn't it.

I don't know, I think it was common but that was a little before my time... when I started vaping the Kanger subtank, Nautilus etc were out and they'd moved away from it already.

Those little kanger tanks that used the naturevape coils are the only ones I had that used 510 airflow.

.. but all the popular mods had it for years after, the coolfire, eleaf, wismec etc.

I think the demand from vapers was clean looking, flat, flush 510's though.

There were all different designs @LordOdin

This is a wismec presa the airflow is actually designed into the top of the mod .... it's a little hard to see because it's old and black but it has a gap at the front edge, then like a channel all around underneath, then 2 slots front and back where the screw part is.

White arrows are slots, blue arrows is a circular channel same height as the slots and the red arrows are flush with the top of the mod. ... so even if you had a tank that overhang the air would still come in from that top slot.

IMG_20210719_135127.jpg

So to me at least it looks like it's designed to keep the bottom of the Tank cool and not a design for better flavour.

Those little kanger tanks that used the naturevape coils are the only ones I had that used 510 airflow.

.. but all the popular mods had it for years after, the coolfire, eleaf, wismec etc.

I think the demand from vapers was clean looking, flat, flush 510's though.

There were all different designs @LordOdin

This is a wismec presa the airflow is actually designed into the top of the mod .... it's a little hard to see because it's old and black but it has a gap at the front edge, then like a channel all around underneath, then 2 slots front and back where the screw part is.

White arrows are slots, blue arrows is a circular channel same height as the slots and the red arrows are flush with the top of the mod. ... so even if you had a tank that overhang the air would still come in from that top slot.

View attachment 250996
Yeah my calix pico has 510 airflow. It's a sound design for bringing that sit up under the coil with minimal instruction.
I used to pair it will the coolfire 4.

So to me at least it looks like it's designed to keep the bottom of the Tank cool and not a design for better flavour.

Right, but it was designed to allow the tank to get it's air. without it, you would have zero airflow on those kind of tanks, it would just feel 'blocked' when you tried to take a draw.

I feel like a right nerd now, but I think it's pretty interesting. :D

I think the biggest downside is that if your tank leaks, it's going straight down into the mods 510.

I'm getting super side tracked, sorry. Is this now a requirement for the recommendation?

It is bud. Perfectly.

Now I'm confused ;) From the images and Mark's video review, the 510 plate is totally smooth so no air channels at all. How does the pioneer work on it then?

I'm of the understanding that the Pioneer requires air inlets on the 510 plate - am I wrong?

Back
Top Bottom