What's new

New MTL Incoming

Yep @ForestMagpie , I love that whole Tribute range and it was my saving grace when it came out along with the review thread on the Artery and Zeta. I was at the point of going back on the cigs because I couldn't find anything that would work for me and when I tasted the Chiri all thoughts of smoking left me. I got the same dancing effect from the powwow flavour too ha ha. I don't even let them steep now because I can't wait to get into them.

When I reorder, I'm going to try some other flavours for a change. There are so many yummy flavours it's difficult to choose.
Well I'm glad that it helped to keep you off the cigs for sure and I was kinda in the same place, getting really bad cravings then ordered some tribute and it clicked and I'm a happy vaper!! I love the Chiri so much I've thrown some VG and some nic in to see if I can turn it into a DL liquid as well!
Dare I say it, the Toffee Creme X for me is on a par with the Chiri, no tobacco but seriously tasty.

It's funny isn't it. I worked with a guy who was given a cigarette style ecig from a garage for Christmas years ago. He quit smoking immediately and never used anything other than that all the time I knew him. I found a couple of flavours when I started that got me quitting within days but there was a lot of trial and error before I got to the 'go to' flavours and the kit that would make the quitting permanent. It's a real individual journey in my view.

I'll give the Toffee Creme X a look when I reorder, thanks for the recommendation.

It's funny isn't it. I worked with a guy who was given a cigarette style ecig from a garage for Christmas years ago. He quit smoking immediately and never used anything other than that all the time I knew him. I found a couple of flavours when I started that got me quitting within days but there was a lot of trial and error before I got to the 'go to' flavours and the kit that would make the quitting permanent. It's a real individual journey in my view.

I'll give the Toffee Creme X a look when I reorder, thanks for the recommendation.
Absolutely, it's totally personal and finding what is right for you which is some ways is part of the fun but it can lead to kit you don't use and I spent ages and quite a bit of cash trying to find flavours that I liked. A friend of mine bought a T18 kit and some liquorice liquid from 88vape and has used nothing else since and been off cigs for a year now!!
Yeah try the toffee creme X, it's amazing.

I was going to go down the rebuildable route but at less than a tenner for 5 coils and a coil usually lasting me around 10-14 days I don't think I'll bother...at the moment!

That's the thing, if you're happy paying then stick with stock coils. Building your own coils cost 20-30p a pop & you'll get months out of a coil & just replace the cotton every week or so but if it works, why change!? :2thumbsup:

Currently working away waiting for a delivery of a new Innokin Zlide. The build quality and functionality of the T18ii is really good, I'm hoping it's the same with the Zlide.

I note there a few coil options with the Zlide, any recommendations?

I was going to go down the rebuildable route but at less than a tenner for 5 coils and a coil usually lasting me around 10-14 days I don't think I'll bother...at the moment!
you made a good choice with the zlide. I went from a pen style vape to a zlide with the 1.6ohm coils and found it a big improvement. Then moved onto rebuildables wich I find even better.

Last edited:
Damn. Was due for delivery by 9pm last night, never arrived. Checked this morning, it's now due by 9pm today. Shouldn't complain, Amazon Prime is usually spot on.

That's the thing, if you're happy paying then stick with stock coils. Building your own coils cost 20-30p a pop & you'll get months out of a coil & just replace the cotton every week or so but if it works, why change!? :2thumbsup:

Posts like that just aren't helpful.

Red rag to a bull!

I'm someone that likes to tinker, I like fixing things, I like making things. I have no idea about building a coil though. I've watched many videos, it all seems a bit hit and miss.

Here we go.. Can you recommend a good MTL tank to start with that will fit the Zlide? I think I'd like to buy the ready made coils to start with, again could you suggest something to start with, along with a cotton suggestion? Would I need to test for ohms etc, or with reputable ready mades can I just fit, wick, and go?

Sorry, I know it's all been asked before, it's a bit of a minefield for an oldie :18:

Red rag to a bull!

I'm someone that likes to tinker, I like fixing things, I like making things. I have no idea about building a coil though. I've watched many videos, it all seems a bit hit and miss.

Here we go.. Can you recommend a good MTL tank to start with that will fit the Zlide? I think I'd like to buy the ready made coils to start with, again could you suggest something to start with, along with a cotton suggestion? Would I need to test for ohms etc, or with reputable ready mades can I just fit, wick, and go?

Sorry, I know it's all been asked before, it's a bit of a minefield for an oldie :18:

:18: Sorry!!!

It looks daunting at first this building malarky but before you know it you'll be able to do it in your sleep

A tank, I don't really know, there are loads out there & I'm a little behind on MTL tanks. I've never used the Zlide so hopefully someone who does can chip in. There are plenty of MTL threads round here to to have a scour through

The easy part is the cotton & wire. A spool of 26 & 28g kanthal & a big bag of organic cotton pads should keep you going for a while. My standard is 26g, 2.50mm, 6 wraps for about 0.80 ohms

You don't really need a dedicated ohm reader, your mod will do the job. You can get build kits that include them if you want to pick up the tools

Hope that helps some

Red rag to a bull!

Just a point to note, "Zlide" is the name of the tank and a bloody good stock coil MTL tank it is too. So when you say an MTL tank to fit the Zlide it confused me! what kit did you order?

Back
Top Bottom