What's new

New MTL Incoming

rugmuncher

Initiate
Posted on the new user forum a few days ago, this is my first thread starter. More info about me back there if you're interested!

Started vaping no that long ago with a cheap Innokin T18ii, it got me off the cigs. Colleagues at work recommended I try sub ohm, and that's what I've been doing for a few months with a SMOK Morph fitted with a Zeus tank.

Bit fed up at going through loads of juice, mostly driven by working from home and stuck in front of the PC all day! I bet the same goes for a few people on here! I'm also not that keen on volumes of cloud, would like to keep it down in the home office as well as not loking like I'm on fire when walking down the street.

I'm thinking the T18ii is a bit basic, it's also 2 small for me and falls over all the time.

Currently working away waiting for a delivery of a new Innokin Zlide. The build quality and functionality of the T18ii is really good, I'm hoping it's the same with the Zlide.

I note there a few coil options with the Zlide, any recommendations?

I was going to go down the rebuildable route but at less than a tenner for 5 coils and a coil usually lasting me around 10-14 days I don't think I'll bother...at the moment!

Last edited:
I'm purely rebuildable but good luck with your venture :)

I use a Zlide, the build quality is excellent and it's a great MTL stock coil tank. I like a tight draw so I use the 1.6 coil and they last me a good while!

Pretty sure rebuildable folks are in the majority on here.

Hi rugmuncher, I have the Zlide and use mostly 1.6 coils although I have used 1.2 as well but don't get quite as much pleasure from them.

I had a box of bad coils when I first started using it and was almost going to forget it but I gave it one last try (I think it was after reading a post by @ForestMagpie !) with Manabush Tribute Chiri flavour, 1.6 coils, 2 air holes open and I danced around the kitchen it all made me so happy.

I don't use any other brand of liquid with it now and I'm always careful about priming the coils - 2 drops in each hole, 2 drops on the top, put it in the tank, fill up and leave overnight to soak. I start off at 11 watts with a fresh coil and work my way up to 13 when it's broken in.

I also got a tall narrow drip tip from thedriptipstore for it because I found the one it came with was too short and I was burning my lips and mouth the whole time. With the longer tip you can take longer draws and I find that gives me more flavour.

The other kit I use regularly for other juices which gives a great flavour and, although small, is chunky and hard to knock over is the Think Vape Zeta with 1.0 ohm coils. It has a removable battery which you have to get separately but is great for flavour and the coils last ages. You can also get extra pods for it and have several flavours on the go without having to faff around when you want a change. I got a long drip tip for this one too because the one it comes with was too short for me.

Good luck with your quest, hope this helps.
Angela

Hi rugmuncher, I have the Zlide and use mostly 1.6 coils although I have used 1.2 as well but don't get quite as much pleasure from them.

I had a box of bad coils when I first started using it and was almost going to forget it but I gave it one last try (I think it was after reading a post by @ForestMagpie !) with Manabush Tribute Chiri flavour, 1.6 coils, 2 air holes open and I danced around the kitchen it all made me so happy.

I don't use any other brand of liquid with it now and I'm always careful about priming the coils - 2 drops in each hole, 2 drops on the top, put it in the tank, fill up and leave overnight to soak. I start off at 11 watts with a fresh coil and work my way up to 13 when it's broken in.

I also got a tall narrow drip tip from thedriptipstore for it because I found the one it came with was too short and I was burning my lips and mouth the whole time. With the longer tip you can take longer draws and I find that gives me more flavour.

The other kit I use regularly for other juices which gives a great flavour and, although small, is chunky and hard to knock over is the Think Vape Zeta with 1.0 ohm coils. It has a removable battery which you have to get separately but is great for flavour and the coils last ages. You can also get extra pods for it and have several flavours on the go without having to faff around when you want a change. I got a long drip tip for this one too because the one it comes with was too short for me.

Good luck with your quest, hope this helps.
Angela
This exactly! Glad you are enjoying the Chiri Tribute @MissPopadop - 2 airflow holes with the 1.6 coil is exactly how I vape it, pure deliciousness! Love that it made you dance around the kitchen :2thumbsup:

Yep @ForestMagpie , I love that whole Tribute range and it was my saving grace when it came out along with the review thread on the Artery and Zeta. I was at the point of going back on the cigs because I couldn't find anything that would work for me and when I tasted the Chiri all thoughts of smoking left me. I got the same dancing effect from the powwow flavour too ha ha. I don't even let them steep now because I can't wait to get into them.

When I reorder, I'm going to try some other flavours for a change. There are so many yummy flavours it's difficult to choose.

Back
Top Bottom