What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Nevermore MTL RTA

Spent a couple more weeks with this, overall final opinion: had a couple of random 'low resistance' warnings for no reason with it, which somehow fixed themselves without me doing anything at all - other than it's working fine. The build works best without thinning the cotton, and the flavour is nice.

On the whole, it's good, but not as good for flavour or draw as the Reload.

Too much flavour? How does that work.

I don't know, my normal 50/50 juices just tasted too sweet and too intense with that coil, which wasn't that enjoyable with MTL. On a DTL the more flavour the better, but on MTL it's a bit like having too much sugar in your coffee, it was a bit sickly.

Got one just before Christmas, not had much time to play with it, I’ve had a couple of builds in it so far so good. The machining on it is top notch, flavour is good but with a few more builds I reckon I could get it perfect. It’s a rta I can use watching a movie with the Mrs, as it’s so quiet so that’s a big pro as that’s always a bone of contention

I've lost my inserts for this and have failed miserably finding them to buy on there own.

Any ideas or better Googlers?

Just got this and put my first build in there, haven't perfected it yet so just some first impressions:

Looks nice, 24mm so fits on mods well. Build quality seems excellent so far. Top cap is bayonet style, turns in any direction, different to usual topcaps but it's easy and very user friendly.

Comes with a bunch of airflow inserts, I have the 3rd smallest in there right now, a little too loose for me for the 6ml 50/50 liquid I have in there. I will try the tightest one for the next build. Throat hit is really good, even with a slightly loose (for me) airflow. It's good but I like super tight MTL.

Comes with 2 drip tips, the skinny narrow one is probably better for hit/flavour, but I prefer the look of the chunky one so I'm leaving that on there for now.

For the build I have 5 wraps of spaced Ni80 clapton, 2.5mm. Next time I'm going for 6 wraps, I had to stretch things a bit and there's definitely room for more wraps. The deck is postless with tiny allen key screws, was a little fiddly for me but that's more because I'm not used to this deck style, not because there's anything wrong with it. The insert snapped in to place no problem, not sure how easily it will come out, we'll see.

Flavour - I have the same build in the Reload MTL, which I run at 14W with the airflow almost completely closed. The Nevermore gets close but I need to run it at around 18W. With the slightly looser airflow, I'm getting a much bigger hit with it than the Reload, and it's wicking super quick so I think 3ml 70/30 liquids may also work well for MTL in this tank with this build.

I need to experiment more with it but so far, it's very enjoyable. With the current build it's not quite the mindblowing flavour the reviews are suggesting, but more wraps / tighter airflow, and a bit of experimentation with different liquids will sort that out. Looks really good on top the Cold Steel 21700.

View attachment 233939
Hi Mate , would you have a clue re hex key needed for tank . Lost mine and dont have any other so fine . I'd be really grateful if you could help .
Doddsy

Back
Top Bottom