What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Nevermore MTL RTA

qbass00

Postman
Just got this and put my first build in there, haven't perfected it yet so just some first impressions:

Looks nice, 24mm so fits on mods well. Build quality seems excellent so far. Top cap is bayonet style, turns in any direction, different to usual topcaps but it's easy and very user friendly.

Comes with a bunch of airflow inserts, I have the 3rd smallest in there right now, a little too loose for me for the 6ml 50/50 liquid I have in there. I will try the tightest one for the next build. Throat hit is really good, even with a slightly loose (for me) airflow. It's good but I like super tight MTL.

Comes with 2 drip tips, the skinny narrow one is probably better for hit/flavour, but I prefer the look of the chunky one so I'm leaving that on there for now.

For the build I have 5 wraps of spaced Ni80 clapton, 2.5mm. Next time I'm going for 6 wraps, I had to stretch things a bit and there's definitely room for more wraps. The deck is postless with tiny allen key screws, was a little fiddly for me but that's more because I'm not used to this deck style, not because there's anything wrong with it. The insert snapped in to place no problem, not sure how easily it will come out, we'll see.

Flavour - I have the same build in the Reload MTL, which I run at 14W with the airflow almost completely closed. The Nevermore gets close but I need to run it at around 18W. With the slightly looser airflow, I'm getting a much bigger hit with it than the Reload, and it's wicking super quick so I think 3ml 70/30 liquids may also work well for MTL in this tank with this build.

I need to experiment more with it but so far, it's very enjoyable. With the current build it's not quite the mindblowing flavour the reviews are suggesting, but more wraps / tighter airflow, and a bit of experimentation with different liquids will sort that out. Looks really good on top the Cold Steel 21700.

IMG_1438.jpg

Thanks, I wasn't even aware of this. It looks nice... I need to go and hunt down a picture of the deck. :)

I should have mentioned the price is a little on the high side, it was around £54, which is why I'm comparing it to the Reload, which was somewhere in the high £40s if I remember correctly. Build quality is perfect on both, getting similar flavour from both, Reload is just slightly better on flavour so far but you need the airflow almost completely shut off to get the right draw, meanwhile the Nevermore does the MTL hit even with the wider airflow, which the Reload struggles with. I've got some 70/30 3ml juice in there now, and it's still wicking effortlessly and giving me a pretty good MTL hit, which is impressive. My build wasn't particularly special, so it looks like it's also very forgiving. I'll try it with a more suitable coil and a tighter airflow tomorrow, I think that will nail it.

Nice looking. Wonder if you have an intake would you need this. Probably not and after my KFL Plus purchase I promised myself no more for a while.

I have too many at this point and really should sell some. There's a place on here to do that isn't there?

Nice looking. Wonder if you have an intake would you need this. Probably not and after my KFL Plus purchase I promised myself no more for a while.

I have too many at this point and really should sell some. There's a place on here to do that isn't there?

I guess it depends on whether the Intake is giving you what you need from an MTL tank. I also have my eye on that one, looks pretty nice.

I put the smallest airflow insert into the Nevermore today, and I'm running it on the smallest airflow hole on the top. For me it's still a tad too loose, but it's marginal, and entirely useable. I didn't realise quite how tight I like my airflow tbh. For a smoking comparison, the tightest possible airflow on my Reload is a bit like the draw on a roll-up with a filter, while the Nevermore is more like a Marlboro Light (with 6ml liquid anyway). So it's totally dependant on what you used to like as a smoker.

Spent a bit more time on this perfecting the build, getting great flavor and a really satisfying mtl hit with it now. It’s doing really well with 50/50 fruit flavors, Coilology fused clapton wire is perfect in there. Also tried some Coilology 28/40 clapton and the flavor was actually too much. Quite impressed.

Back
Top Bottom