What's new

Nautilus GT: Love-hate relationship already?

TheBelgian

Initiate
Dear Nautilus GT-users,

My GT only bubbles up air when i release the top cap. From time to time i feel like i don't get flavour when i don't do it.

My coil sits flush on the deck so that shouldn't be the fabrication error i've already seen here.

SHOULD my GT bubble up air after taking a few puffs (not chain vaped), which leads me to the question:
does yours?

I don't feel like using dremels and what not..

I'm using the 1.6 coil (reading out at 1.73) with a 60pg/40vg juice.

Thanks in advance!

Bubbles coming from your coil is perfectly normal and a sign that the coil is wicking. When you vape it vaporises the liquid in the cotton of the coil, the bubbles are the liquid replacing the air in the cotton which is called wicking. I'd be more worried if there were no bubbles at all.
The reason it bubbles more when you open the top cap is you break the vacuum in the tank and let more air in.
There's a half decent article about it all here:
https://tmax-juices.co.uk/blogs/new...op vaping, atmospheric,holes in the coil head.

I'm afraid I don't know the answer. I have tanks that always seem to have little bubbles coming up and some that never do.

What I will say though is that I've never had a problem with any nautilus coil based tanks not wicking properly (using 50/50.) I've been using them since I first started vaping (in the original nautilus) and later in a Kabuki and a Vika Fantasy, and most recently in the GT mini.

Taking the top off is always going to release the partial vacuum that exists inside the tank. It's why on the N2 you get such bad flooding when re-filling. (and before that all Nautilus based tanks were bottom fill) I don't have the GT but on the mini it seems they've gone a long way to solving that problem, but it still probably dumps a lot of liquid into the tiny amount of cotton in a nautilus coil.

.. bottom line, if the liquid is going down in the tank, it's being replaced by air from somewhere and providing the seals on the tank are good, it has to come in though the coil. (or the top when you open it)

Saying that I don't think that Nautilus coils give the strongest flavour or most saturated vape.

Bubbles coming from your coil is perfectly normal and a sign that the coil is wicking.

I might have to rephrase: mine never bubbles (only when breaking the vacuum).
I feel like from time to time i get a medium-dry hit, or at least a very unsaturated flavour..

Saying that I don't think that Nautilus coils give the strongest flavour or most saturated vape

Dammit, it feels like i've gotten myself into a deep, deep rabbit hole ..

Thanks for clearing up some other stuff also by the way .

I might have to rephrase: mine never bubbles (only when breaking the vacuum).
I feel like from time to time i get a medium-dry hit, or at least a very unsaturated flavour..

Dammit, it feels like i've gotten myself into a deep, deep rabbit hole ..

Thanks for clearing up some other stuff also by the way .

The GT does seem to have issues, I don't really fully understand why (and I don't own one) but there's a big thread (that you have read already it seems?) but I haven't had any issues with the GT mini, it's been excellent.

It's weird, I'm tempted to buy one just to see if I can see any differences between the two and see how it vapes.

The GT does seem to have issues, I don't really fully understand why (and I don't own one) but there's a big thread (that you have read already it seems?) but I haven't had any issues with the GT mini, it's been excellent.

It's weird, I'm tempted to buy one just to see if I can see any differences between the two and see how it vapes.
There's a thread on here somewhere about the coil thread. An ape reported that there's was machined slightly out on the base and the coil wick holes sat wrongly in the chamber so wicking was poor.
May be worth tracking down and checking. I believe aspire sent a new base.
For the record mines good as gold, big bugger but a huge capacity with the pei tank.

I've looked into it and the gt and gt mini look like they're built nearly the exact same way, chimney wick holes etc look exactly the same.

The first day I felt like it worked perfectly, yet with the 0.7 mesh i didn't get any sweetness (out of a caramel-juice that should be pretty sweet i guess) and the vape was just unpleasantly warm. So i changed to the 1.6, cooler vape but every puff feels a bit hit or miss.

I've never got on with the Nautilus tanks personally. If you want sweetness to come through get a Fireluke22, if you want more savoury notes and tobaccos get a GTX18, if you want an all rounder get a Zlide.

Back
Top Bottom