What's new

MTL ...

Brilliant @MrTeaTime , you obviously went in the opposite direction of me, so what is your optimal set up. And are you a, oh wajamecallit, lung hit fan, is that the right term? There are so many definitions of vaping I'm inclined to get a dictionary together. And what was the thing about vaping that instinctively told you more watts less ohms? I just like hearing other people's take on this vape phenomenon

Brilliant @MrTeaTime , you obviously went in the opposite direction of me, so what is your optimal set up. And are you a, oh wajamecallit, lung hit fan, is that the right term? There are so many definitions of vaping I'm inclined to get a dictionary together. And what was the thing about vaping that instinctively told you more watts less ohms? I just like hearing other people's take on this vape phenomenon
I like to think it more of an evolution ;)

Yes, my preferred method of vaping is indeed lung hitting, but it was a fairly longish process to get there ...after getting the taifun & kayfun/Russian and hitting the limits due to the space to actually build in, and secondly the actual airflow.... I knew that Preferee less of a throat hit, so the way to go for that is to first increase your VG ratio and decrease the PG. The TaifunGT was actually not bad at handling higher VG juice, but it still didn’t handle it that well, you would encounter wicking issues and loss of flavour. At this point I was leaning further towards the yank juices like Quacks and suicide bunny as there high VG juices actually had decent flavour .I had a good few drippers that were only really used for testing juices....

Watching people like Grimm green on YouTube experiment with nichrome instead of kanthal showed that you could build a similar build with the same amount of wraps but achieve lower ohms...but this required more power....

Add that to the range of newer drippers available, and the advent of “subohm” builders on YouTube showing the way, dripping became a way of life....and it was always on a mech, never regulated...it didn’t take long for the regulated devices to hit the market that gradually increased the amount of wattage available to you....sigelei for instance were right at the forefront of this and produced a couple of very good mods (one of which I still have) that could deliver 100 watts....the rest pretty much is history ;D

My perfect set up now, would either be a goon/Kennedy or drop dripper, with a 0.12ohm parallel nichrome build and around 110-120 watts or a SupremeXL with a set of claptons (fused) at around 0.15ohms and 90watts....

You must be having a great time, thanks for sharing. You are in a different Galaxy to my vaping preference. I keep trying to find that first sub ohm build on a french ecf forum, but I'm having no luck. When you see the wick and the coil, youll laugh your head off. I'll check out busardos link tomorrow. Thanks

My current ride is a bang on 1 ohm kanthal in a kayfun 5 with the smallest reducer fitted. And I'm at a heady 12 watts in a Smoant Knight v2.

I started to get lazy so I now buy pre-wrapped coils from FT by the 100 and they come out at exactly 1 ohm.

To think, the amount of ribbing I used to get for being a low wattage MTL Kayfun Lightweight. Now look, I've got a whole section of the forum to play in. Yay!

theres nothing wrong with being lazy daz-app, i'm just impressed that stock coils are so consistent,

ref busardos review. Its like a confession, acceptance and a denial all in one. Made me laugh :)

Back
Top Bottom