What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Mtl wire?

So, i believe my journey with vaping is sort of...coming to an end in terms of hardware.
Got the mod i love, got the batteries i love, got the mtl rtas i love, and got the muji i love.

But theres one little thing iv really not bothered to experiment with yet...and thats the wire.

Iv only ever used 2 types of wire...
26awg kanthal, and a 28awg kanthal.
The latter all the time now with the mtl with a 1.5ohm coil.
But in terms of wire and coils, what would any of you recommend that would/could be a step up from that?

There's an MTL TC thread in MTL section now. Could be fun to experiment with.

So, i believe my journey with vaping is sort of...coming to an end in terms of hardware.
Got the mod i love, got the batteries i love, got the mtl rtas i love, and got the muji i love.

But theres one little thing iv really not bothered to experiment with yet...and thats the wire.

Iv only ever used 2 types of wire...
26awg kanthal, and a 28awg kanthal.
The latter all the time now with the mtl with a 1.5ohm coil.
But in terms of wire and coils, what would any of you recommend that would/could be a step up from that?
No idea ........ I'm exactly where you are! :D

27g

It's the sweet spot - nearly the surface area and structural strength of 26g. Nearly the ramp up speed of 28g. 7 or 8 wraps, 2.5mm is an amazingly dense build.

You're pretty much stuck with Kanthal - the lower resistance of N80 and SS means your coils would be massive building to that sort of resistance.

I'm bored though, so I'm going to give it a try and make a 1.5ohm coil from 24g 316SS - I'll let you know how it turns out.

You're pretty much stuck with Kanthal - the lower resistance of N80 and SS means your coils would be massive building to that sort of resistance.

I'm bored though, so I'm going to give it a try and make a 1.5ohm coil from 24g 316SS - I'll let you know how it turns out.
:popcorn:

27g

It's the sweet spot - nearly the surface area and structural strength of 26g. Nearly the ramp up speed of 28g. 7 or 8 wraps, 2.5mm is an amazingly dense build.
Yep. I've said this a million times and it's a daft reason for choosing it but when I first checked out the forum and vaping was far less advanced. Half the apes seemed to use 26age kanthal and the other half swore by 28. So I bought 27. I still use 26 and 28 as I'm not wasting it, lol. But I prefer 27awg. I've gotten used to its ways, lol.

I quite like the clapton that came with the Naturevape True MTL Tank which is 0.9 ohms, so I've got a spool of the vandyvapes MTL clapton wire inbound from FT.

MTL can be sub ohm and still work :)

I’ve just switched from kanthal to ss and the difference is as big as as ...

A lot

Here you go. 25 wraps of 24g 316SS at 4mm id, coming in at 1.5 ohms. I had to go to 130 watts to get a decent vape:

coil.png

Back
Top Bottom