What's new

MTL tank?

Did you take the base apart and print back together? Also make sure the coil isn’t too high and potentially touching the chamber.
Cheers for replying

I didn't take the base apart... didn't know you could... just put the coil straight on the deck...
As said in previous reply pretty sure the coils not to high, surely it'd always be shorting if it was?

After youve put your coil in, this can happen if you dont trim your leads close enough. Does that make any sense?

After youve put your coil in, this can happen if you dont trim your leads close enough. Does that make any sense?
Yeah I know what you mean, I checked them and got my snips right in close

How the heck did you manage to fit 10 wraps of 26ga in the Doggystyle that's what I want to know! My go to was always 7 wraps of 27ga (6 if I spaced them) and that always felt tight against the chamber!

How the heck did you manage to fit 10 wraps of 26ga in the Doggystyle that's what I want to know! My go to was always 7 wraps of 27ga (6 if I spaced them) and that always felt tight against the chamber!

This is a good point, I reckon your coil is probably intermittently touching the chamber somewhere @Screwball . It’s quite a tight wee space. I always use 30awg in it. You’ll find it will perform better as well, instantaneous vapour, no heat up time.

This is a good point, I reckon your coil is probably intermittently touching the chamber somewhere @Screwball . It’s quite a tight wee space. I always use 30awg in it. You’ll find it will perform better as well, instantaneous vapour, no heat up time.
How many wraps of 30awg do you do, I have some 30awg in my box but never used it yet!!

Only other thing I can think of is to try it on another mod

It probably is the number of wraps mine was struggling using 10 wraps on 28awg. I changed it when I’d finished the tank

Apologies.... it's 9 wraps...
Screenshot_20180214-161020.png
Screenshot_20180214-161037.png

Doesn't look like it's anywhere near the chimney tho...
26awg is the smallest wire I've got in by box other than 35 and 40 that I clapton with

How many wraps of 30awg do you do, I have some 30awg in my box but never used it yet!!

It depends whether it’s ss or ni80. With the doggy, I think 6 or 7 so and 4 or 5 ni80, at 2.5mm. I try to aim for about 1Ω since I use it on a non adjustable mod.

Back
Top Bottom