What's new

MTL tank?

Screwball

Postman
The Mrs has decided she wants to try vaping again and I've convinced her to have a go with a half decent MTL tank.... only thing is I don't know whats good and whats not... oh and I want it to be rebuildable..

Can you use an augvape Merlin for mtl?

Cheers

I think there is more than one Augvape Merlin tank. There is one called Merlin MTL but dont think it got good reviews for mtl vaping.
If bottom fill is not a problem, alot of people will vouch (icluding me) for SXK Doggystyle. Cheap as chips on Fasttech and atrue MTL tank with good flavour.

I think there is more than one Augvape Merlin tank. There is one called Merlin MTL but dont think it got good reviews for mtl vaping.
If bottom fill is not a problem, alot of people will vouch (icluding me) for SXK Doggystyle. Cheap as chips on Fasttech and atrue MTL tank with good flavour.
Cool, thanks, ordered one from ft.

Any recommendations on coils for it?

Cool, thanks, ordered one from ft.

Any recommendations on coils for it?

I just keep it simple, using kanthal wire 27g wrapped around 2.5mm coil bit using 6 wraps. This comes out at just under 1 ohm. This may sound low for MTL but I can comfortably vape this at 13 watts or go up about 18 watts on the same coil. Of course you can use a different gauge wire or add a few extra wraps. Best to experiment.

I just keep it simple, using kanthal wire 27g wrapped around 2.5mm coil bit using 6 wraps. This comes out at just under 1 ohm. This may sound low for MTL but I can comfortably vape this at 13 watts or go up about 18 watts on the same coil. Of course you can use a different gauge wire or add a few extra wraps. Best to experiment.
Sweet, I've got some 26awg kanthal so I'll have a go with that and see how it goes

The doggy is decent. Very easy to build and can’t really go wrong with it.

I use metal wire for coils in it. 30awg ss is my preference. 7 or 8 wraps on a wee blue screwdriver.

The doggy is decent. Very easy to build and can’t really go wrong with it.

I use metal wire for coils in it. 30awg ss is my preference. 7 or 8 wraps on a wee blue screwdriver.
I shall have a look through my vape drawers and see what wires I've got hiding in there...

Thinner is better in the doggy, I think. The deck is quite small. I’ve had ni80 in it before, 5 wraps, I think. I aim for about 1Ω or just over, and use it on a smok stick which just has a button and no adjustment.

Back
Top Bottom