What's new

Mtl squonk advice

Tilde

Postman
I've just purchased a lost vape furyan that should hopefully arrive tomorrow. I will be running it on a Samsung 30t 21700. I'm fine building for my single coil dtl rtas but if possible would like to run my 1928 chtulu in squonk mode.
Checking previous posts here and double checking on vape calculators if I build a 7 wrap ni80 on a 3mm Id, a projected 0.836 ohm build will give me a vape around 14 watts off this battery.
I'd just like to check all these figures sound ok. I've never built an mtl rda for a mech so would like to be as safe as possible. I usually run ni80 for my single coils, is this going to be the best material for the chtulu? Thanks in advance

I've just purchased a lost vape furyan that should hopefully arrive tomorrow. I will be running it on a Samsung 30t 21700. I'm fine building for my single coil dtl rtas but if possible would like to run my 1928 chtulu in squonk mode.
Checking previous posts here and double checking on vape calculators if I build a 7 wrap ni80 on a 3mm Id, a projected 0.836 ohm build will give me a vape around 14 watts off this battery.
I'd just like to check all these figures sound ok. I've never built an mtl rda for a mech so would like to be as safe as possible. I usually run ni80 for my single coils, is this going to be the best material for the chtulu? Thanks in advance
Don't do MTL but that build will be fine on that battery. It will be around 19w on a fully charged battery. Amp wise it's around 5a so well within the battery specs. Ni80 has fast ramp up so no reason not to use it, wire of choice for DTL because it's consistent.

Don't do MTL but that build will be fine on that battery. It will be around 19w on a fully charged battery. Amp wise it's around 5a so well within the battery specs. Ni80 has fast ramp up so no reason not to use it, wire of choice for DTL because it's consistent.
Just to clarify are you saying you personally don't do mtl or I shouldn't do mtl on a mech aquonker?

Just to clarify are you saying you personally don't do mtl or I shouldn't do mtl on a mech aquonker?
No sorry. I don't do mtl but I do use mechs so was just saying your workings were correct. @eyeball kid among others mtl on mechs so can better advise on set ups. The beauty of mechs is the ability to tailor your vape better as you have already experienced with your dtl rtas.

There's no reason not to.... personally I would build a little higher, 1.3ohm is more like my range on a mech so I get around 13w down to 10w throughout the voltage range.. and I would use Kanthal with a 2.5mm but that's just my preference... safety wise nothing is different from building for DTL apart from you aren't really going to have to worry about high amp draws.

Yeah I do enjoy using them that way. Your coil sounds fine. I personally prefer the slower.ramp of Kanthal for mtl, but that's purely a personal thing.
I do like the way you get to taste your favourite liquids at different voltages as the battery runs down.

Last edited:
There's no reason not to.... personally I would build a little higher, 1.3ohm is more like my range on a mech so I get around 13w down to 10w throughout the voltage range.. and I would use Kanthal with a 2.5mm but that's just my preference... safety wise nothing is different from building for DTL apart from you aren't really going to have to worry about high amp draws.
I'm currently running kanthal on the chtulu with a regulated mod. I suppose having always aimed to build below 0.5 ohms unless running something in series I just discounted kanthal and plus ohm building without properly looking into it. I have some.28g currently so will pop a build in tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Thank you all

Back
Top Bottom