What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

MTL RDAs

Would be no more worried than using a pre made coil. In an RTA. such as the Beserker, the coil should last longer, however the cotton will probably last about the same as a pre made. So you would just change the cotton wick. Building your own is much cheaper. A bag of cotton and a reel of wire will last ages.

Yeah, on paper it sounds amazing.

I'm just paranoid to leave the house without a spare coil incase the current coil burns out. But judging from what you said, it should be okay to rely on that build. Last night I went through two 0.7 Nautilus coils in a space of 3 hours and really pissed me off as I know I took one for the team and got a bad batch.

Yeah, on paper it sounds amazing.

I'm just paranoid to leave the house without a spare coil incase the current coil burns out. But judging from what you said, it should be okay to rely on that build. Last night I went through two 0.7 Nautilus coils in a space of 3 hours and really pissed me off as I know I took one for the team and got a bad batch.

Thats bad luck. Know what you mean about taking a spare coil with you. Its a faff to rebuild on the move. I suppose Ive just got to know what my builds can handle and if they will last another day.

Thats bad luck. Know what you mean about taking a spare coil with you. Its a faff to rebuild on the move. I suppose Ive just got to know what my builds can handle and if they will last another day.

Ah man, I'm stuck in a sticky predicament. Not sure what to do.

You could use your current set up when your out and get used to the rebuildable when at home.

That's the thing, I'm trying to stick with one mod and one tank. Will be putting up the Triton Mini for sale if I decide to get the Berserker Mini. I just had a clear out and for my own sanity I'd prefer one mod and one tank. The berserker mini would act as my one and only tank.

That's the thing, I'm trying to stick with one mod and one tank. Will be putting up the Triton Mini for sale if I decide to get the Berserker Mini. I just had a clear out and for my own sanity I'd prefer one mod and one tank. The berserker mini would act as my one and only tank.

If youve not used a rebuildable before its a bit of a learning curve to get it right. I kept using pre made coils until I could confidently build.

If youve not used a rebuildable before its a bit of a learning curve to get it right. I kept using pre made coils until I could confidently build.

Yep, that's my intention to begin with. Quickly scanned through pre made coils and still works out cheaper than buying a pack of 5 nautilus coils. Don't think I'll ever get to the stage to actually make my own coils.

My sweet spot is 15-20w and the 0.7 Nautilus really doesn't perform to that standard with the batches I'm getting. If I know I can get a consistent vape for atleast a week from the Berserker mini at those wattages I'll happily make that transition now. Most likely get 0.5/0.7ohm pre mades

It does seem very easy, I've checked the youtube reviews from every reputable youtuber and I think my 3 year old cousin could manage to put something together. I think I'm up for the task.

EDIT: After careful consideration, I think I officially identify myself as a 'strict' direct to lung and wondering if the largest airhole would be allowed for strict direct lung vaping. (will probably be on a let's say 0.5 or a 0.7 coil)

Last edited:
Yep, that's my intention to begin with. Quickly scanned through pre made coils and still works out cheaper than buying a pack of 5 nautilus coils. Don't think I'll ever get to the stage to actually make my own coils.

My sweet spot is 15-20w and the 0.7 Nautilus really doesn't perform to that standard with the batches I'm getting. If I know I can get a consistent vape for atleast a week from the Berserker mini at those wattages I'll happily make that transition now. Most likely get 0.5/0.7ohm pre mades

It does seem very easy, I've checked the youtube reviews from every reputable youtuber and I think my 3 year old cousin could manage to put something together. I think I'm up for the task.

EDIT: After careful consideration, I think I officially identify myself as a 'strict' direct to lung and wondering if the largest airhole would be allowed for strict direct lung vaping. (will probably be on a let's say 0.5 or a 0.7 coil)
If your used to direct to lung as you say and use the triton wide open with a 0.7 coil the beserker is not for you. It's propper old school mtl.
The kayfun v5 (clones from fastech between £10-20) would be a good start. A larger airflow in the range of the mini triton. Juice control and top fill again familiar from the mini triton.
Coil wise. Once you've built a simple 0.7 ohm coil it is likely to last you months and certainly will last far longer than pre built.
I can't actually.remember the last time I lost a coil. I usually just replace them when I realize I haven't changed it in months.

If your used to direct to lung as you say and use the triton wide open with a 0.7 coil the beserker is not for you. It's propper old school mtl.
The kayfun v5 (clones from fastech between £10-20) would be a good start. A larger airflow in the range of the mini triton. Juice control and top fill again familiar from the mini triton.
Coil wise. Once you've built a simple 0.7 ohm coil it is likely to last you months and certainly will last far longer than pre built.
I can't actually.remember the last time I lost a coil. I usually just replace them when I realize I haven't changed it in months.

Typing 'kayfun' on FT comes up to no searches. I want to do some research on this

Back
Top Bottom