What's new

Mtl cotton

Different cotton for MTL and DTL? It sounds like complete bollocks to me, probably just overcomplicating something that's fairly simple really.
Oversaturation? It's highly likely that someone just made that up to excuse a cock up on the wicking front.

Different cotton for MTL and DTL? It sounds like complete bollocks to me, probably just overcomplicating something that's fairly simple really.
Oversaturation? It's highly likely that someone just made that up to excuse a cock up on the wicking front.
Agreed on the oversaturation [emoji4] its one of the things I expected to happen after I'd heard it before but its never been the case with the 8 different cotton brands I've tried in a mtl.

Perhaps a better terminology for over saturation is......some cottons absorb liquid like "shite aff a dyke", resulting in leaks and the drinking of said liquid.

Are you suggesting there's another reason why 95% of MTL vapers are happy with cheap cotton pads and 95% of DTL vapers aren't? ;)
Would you like to provide a reference for those stats ... or did you just make them up ... like oversaturation was made up?

Would you like to provide a reference for those stats ... or did you just make them up ... like oversaturation was made up?

lol, rumbled ...... obviously I made them up, but it's not a totally uneducated guess. That's the vibe I get after being here 3 years.

lol, rumbled ...... obviously I made them up, but it's not a totally uneducated guess. That's the vibe I get after being here 3 years.
I can't argue with a vibe ... I know where that ends up ... :)

I'm beginning to think it's all in the preparation, guv.

What I mean is there's all that teasing out of the cotton, pulling it apart slightly to separate the fibres and then rolling it, like the Scottish roll, combing it, tickling your wicks, what have you...

...or there are cottons that have various forms of this process done for you already, so you just pull off a chunk, twist the end into a point, and slide it through your coil.

I mean, there are cottons that absorb immediately you put juice on them, and cottons that seem to almost repel the juice until you finally manage to get them to saturate (Kendo gold?).

I can wick a tank with CBV2 and do what feels exactly the same with CB Prime, and the Prime seems to just suck up more juice, to the extent that it drips down the airflow, whereas the V2 doesn't.

So I use different cotton's for DTL (CBV2 and CB Prime) and MTL (Cotton Candy Collection and Coilmaster Pro).

Having said that, so far I have found Cotton Candy Collection to be the best "all rounder".

I just use Muji, I have so much of it. I have only tried cotton bacon but unless I am using a dripper with a 3mm or bigger coi,l it just pulls apart when I try to thread it in a smaller 2.5 mm coil, I end up wasting most of it. I gave up on fibre freaks too, it is so expensive and I didn't notice any improvement over what I am used to.

Been using Muji for the last 5 years. In fact I think I'm still using the same pack! Not one for rewicking every tank. More like every 200 ml.

Back
Top Bottom