What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Mouthful of juice

omroth

Postman
Hey guys.

I'm slowly getting better at building. I was not using enough wick before, and now I'm getting longer wick and coil life and basically got rid of spitting .

But now I'm getting a mouthful of juice on longer draws. I think this might be due to the wicks touching the chimney?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Sometimes a too narrow drip tip will do that, when the bore of the tip is narrower than the chimney bore.

too small chamber too. i had this problem with the hastur mini. doesn’t suit a certain type of puff.

I get this on the nevermore with certain tips, also it seems to happen more on 50/50 juice.

i think it is caused by a combination of factors. too small chamber, too narrow chimney, narrow tip and floating raised style deck. if you puff too hard or long it basically functions like a straw, the suction pulls liquid through the wick holes and right up through the tip and you get a big mouthful of liquid.

You could reduce the chances of a mouthful of juice if you increase the power so the coil vaporises the excess juice pulled into the cotton, or add a little more wick to the juice ports (you don't necessarily have to rewick - just take tiny offcuts of cotton and poke them it into the juice ports).

Of course this can balls everything else up. I just fiddle around until I find the best compromise.

Back
Top Bottom