What's new

Mouth to Lung pod systems

mustybadger

Postman
So, pod systems have invaded and are well set in many vapers arsenal. I also think that a good pod system will suit a smoker more than an attie and mod combo. The trouble here is finding a good pod system.

I know that there have been a number of threads over time on POTV discussing pod systems, but I thought I'd post up my own experiences to try and guide anyone interested in finding the right pod system for them.

Please also note that I exclusively use nicotine salt liquids in refillable options, and traditional liquids in the pre-filled pod options.

#1 - Suorin Air

This really is, in my opinion, the best pod system you can currently buy in the UK.

PROS:

- The 2ml pod capacity lasts me all day and it's super easy to refill anyway.

- The draw on the pods is a perfect Mouth to Lung draw. This has been a fairly major sticking point for me with most other pod systems. E Cigarette manufacturers often seem to forget that the "draw" on a cigarette was tight. Super tight. And it seems to be a struggle to replicate that draw, which is frustrating given that pod systems are specifically designed for new vapers coming from smoking, or for long time vapers looking for that cigarette type draw. This is the closest I have come to replicating a cigarette type draw in a pod system. It's not too tight, and is definately more open than a cigarette, but it's got some actual restrictiveness to the draw which makes it so much more satisfying.

- The auto switch is the best I've used. Again, pod systems often have a lag, or delay, when inhaling using an auto switch. This problem just magnifies most of the time because the draw is too loose, so by the time you've inhaled as much as you can, the pod has only just started firing. The Sourin Air addresses all of those problems for me. The auto switch is perfect and fires right away.

- The fixed 16 watts output. This thing really does hit hard which is a revelation when comparing to most pod systems, and it'll keep hitting that hard until the battery dies.

- The 400mah batter is bigger than alot of pod systems and easily lasts me all day.

- Is has a micro USB charger! No more proprietary charging docks. Thank god! And it charges nice and fast.

- You can fill it with your own juice. Again, this was a revelation to me. I use Nicotine Salt e liquids, and there doesn't seem to be any pod system manufacturer out there (in the UK at least, in the US they all use nic salts), that uses nicotine salts in pre-filled pods. I find nicotine salt e liquids to be so much more satisfying than traditional nicotine e liquids.

- The build quality. For the price, it's surprisingly stellar. Feels robust and has a nice weight to it.

- The location of the "drip tip". I didn't think I would get on with this at all, but it's easily the most comfortable "drip tip", for want of a better word, I've used on a pod system to date.

- It's compact. It's smaller than your average credit card, and only a few mm's wider. It's tiny, and imo, more pocket friendly than the Bo One & My Von Erl for example.

CONS:

- When buying the device it only comes with 1 pod.

- Pods are maybe a little expensive (£4.99 for one), although they last a good long while.

- I've heard reports that their quality control on replacement pods isn't the best, although I've yet to experience any problems.

All in all, this is the one pod system I have felt more than comfortable taking out with me on a day out and having no anxiety that it would keep me satisfied. It's comfortable to use, comfortable to hold, has great battery life, has great liquid capacity, hits nice and hard and looks great. It's superb :)

(Please note that this review was copied and pasted from a VC review I left. But it's still applicable)

#2 - Bo One (inc. Bo One Plus)

The Bo One was the device I used for the longest, and was a staple in my daily use for 4 months or so, but hasn't seen the light of day since I brought the Suorin Air.

PROS:

- The quality control on the device has got better over time. When I first brought one, the battery connectors failed to be recognized after about 2 weeks, so the device couldn't be charged. I got another one which lasted me for about a month. Gave it a break for a while, came back a few months later and brought another one which has lasted me for about 3 months and has never had any issues.

- The quality control on the pods has also got better over time. The first batch of pods were a bit all over the place. I'd sometimes get dry-hit city, I'd sometimes have 2/3 pods leaking all over my device etc...but they seem to have rectified this issue recently. The pods with the black o-rings seem to be constant quality, and I've not had any issues with the newer batches.

- The Bo Plus has removed the annoying propitiatory charging dock and uses a simple micro-USB.

- The device is super ergonomic and comfortable to use.

- The added options, while pricey, really help prevent things getting stale.

- They have a good selection of pre-filled pods and the flavors I've tried are all of a really high quality.

- The draw on the device is really nice, although a little loose for me.

CONS:

- It's taken them a long time to get their quality control in-line, but now seems to be pretty consistent.

- The auto-fire. This is the biggest con for me. The auto-fire just isn't quite sensitive enough. This is where I feel the Suorin Air has a leg up on the competition. Because the Bo One has a slightly looser draw and a less sensitive firing switch, you have to suck alot harder with the Bo.

- They don't offer nicotine salt options.

#3 - Smoking Vapor Mi-pod

I brought this just before buying the Suorin Air, and was pretty quickly superseded for me.

PROS:

- The build quality is surprisingly good. I've used the Mi-One for a while and one thing that always bugged me was the build quality of the device. It was a little all over the place. They seem to have rectified this with the Mi-Pod, it's really well designed.

- The auto-switch. They nailed the auto-switch on this. You hardly have to do anything more than place your lips over the drip tip and it'll start firing.

- Battery life. By far the biggest battery in a pod system.

- Refillable cartridges. Allows the use of nicotine salts which is great.

CONS:

- While the auto-switch is perfect, the draw is just too loose for me. They have done the classic thing of trying to design a pod system that allows both MTL and DTL, and for me, they just missed the mark on both. The MTL draw might be perfect for some, but was too loose for me.

- The design of the drip-tip. It's really not very ergonomic or comfortable to use. Also, because the draw is too loose, you have to do a chunk of primer puffs to get a good "hit". That might be fine, but the drip tip gets hot by doing that and becomes uncomfortable.

- The build quality is good, but I didn't find it especially comfortable to hold.

The below are the rest of the devices I have owned, but just can't recommend in any way. Others might not agree, but for me, they just didn't come close to working well.

My Von Erl

I used this about 6 months ago, for 2 days, and gave up with it. The draw was decent, albeit still a little loose for me, but everything else about the device just left me completely underwhelmed. The pods were dry and flavourless, the nicotine also gave a very scratchy throat hit, the device was ergonomic but not especially comfortable to use. All in all, very underwhelming.

Limitless Pulse

Terrible device with the only benefit of being able to use your own liquid. Uses a silica wick which burns out almost instantly and really struggles to keep up. Not very ergonomic, quite blocky and looks like it was designed by SMOK with a load of tacky flashing lights. Was so fed up with the whole device I threw it out after a week.

Aspire Gusto Mini

Draw was too loose and, by christ, it costs a fortune to maintain. Unfortunately, because of the stupid, ill-conceived TPD regulations, we are stuck with 2ml cartridges. You get 3 of these in a pack. A pack costs £10. 6ml for £10?

My current list of "must try" pod systems are:

1. Bo La Carte - Just released, but looks bloody awesome. Can't seem to find any reviews or anything for this though, so I'd be interested if anyone else has tried it yet.

2. Suorin Drop - Not tried yet and the Air is working so well.

Pod systems I've not had the chance to own because TPD:

JUUL -
Such a shame :( Seems like it would be a great pod system but it's not available over here (unless anyone can point me in the direction of being able to pick one up ;)

PHIX - I've had a few toots on the TPD version but again, it left me underwhelmed. Would love to try a 50mg salt pod at some point with this device...

Anyway, hope this helps someone :) Any feedback or suggestions on the next pod system I should try let me know!!

Cheers for your thoughts, I'll definitely be investing in some kind of compact device this year I think. Ideally I'd like something that isn't a closed system and really I'd like replaceable coils (something like the eleaf ones but better) because chucking whole pods away when the coil goes south seems a bit crazy to me. ..... lots of research to do first.

Nice thread musty.
Thanks for taking the time to put this up.
Pm sent regarding Juul. [emoji16][emoji16]

Thanks thats seems a really comprehensive round up of many of the current available devices, Im looking for something really portable and stealthy for nicotone salts. Im not sure If i would be okay with a really restrictive draw though, feel I need to take bigger draws of a vape compared to a ciggarette. Noticed smok has 2 kits coming out, smok infinix and smok fit, both refillable. Would like to get some nicotine salts higher than 20mg as well, not sure if you can import it, just used dr salts so far, element have a good range, but not a fan of theflavours, there isnt much choice in uk at present, maybe even need to dabble in making some.

Someone really needs to make a dedicated rebuildable pod. Although I think it’s doubtful they ever will, I get the sense that the idea of these (from the manufacturer’s point of view) is that you buy the device and are then stuck buying more and more pods to put in them.

I would definitely jump on a rebuildable pod device though. Since getting the £1 my blu pod that caused so much controversy on the forum I’ve come to realise these things are perfect for using out and about. Not really any bigger or heavier than a fag, and you can even vape it hands free.

Someone really needs to make a dedicated rebuildable pod. Although I think it’s doubtful they ever will, I get the sense that the idea of these (from the manufacturer’s point of view) is that you buy the device and are then stuck buying more and more pods to put in them.

I would definitely jump on a rebuildable pod device though. Since getting the £1 my blu pod that caused so much controversy on the forum I’ve come to realise these things are perfect for using out and about. Not really any bigger or heavier than a fag, and you can even vape it hands free.
Agree. Really had hopes for the aspire gusto. Shame they buggered up the airflow. It has nautilus coils so looked really good but that much airflow with that coil and 2ml tpd pods is just a financial no go.

Basically people are after small, light and stealthy vape that have better atmoiser and a more interesting design that say old style pen devices, maybe with automatic draw and setup to work best with maybe nicotine salts, a refillable pod system has basically pods that have a cheap disposable tank and atomiser combined, rebuilable might be difficult due to size constraints, though potential a system where you could swap out coils could work. Im hoping the smok devices are decent, but batteries are small in them.

I think it would be possible with a clever enough design. Rewicking the blu is a doddle, I’m thinking putting a coil in it might not be that difficult, and it’s supposed to be a closed system. Something designed for building could be super easy with a bit of thought put into it. A third party could design a rebuild able pod for an existing device, even.

edit: Urgh, typos!

Last edited:
Ive just started using a Mi-pod, with others on their way.
I'll post my thoughts as they get used.

Back
Top Bottom