What's new

More issues - Nevermore this time!

Simebaby

Postman
I’m having a bit of trouble with my Nevermore. The deck won’t hold a stable resistance, and I don’t seem to be able to fix it or find out why it’s happening.
I’m using Kanthal A1 spaced coils, 6 wraps of 27AWG with a 2.5mm ID, which should come out around 1ohm. Both on my build tab and a mod, the resistance jumps between 1.2 - 2ohms and doesn’t settle down. Strumming the coil causes the resistance to go crazy, usually above 2ohm, but if the deck is left untouched the resistance still bounces around. I've tried multiple coils, and tested the coils in other decks - they're fine.
I’ve used both sets of terminals, and I’ve swapped the silver grub screws that were installed with the black ones that were in the packaging but outside the box (it’s a black tank), but no joy.
I’m sure this must be me doing something wrong - any ideas what it might be?

On my silver grubs, the same thing happened, had to install the black one's before it'd tighten up properly. Only then would the resistance stabilise. This was on the SS RTA.

On my silver grubs, the same thing happened, had to install the black one's before it'd tighten up properly. Only then would the resistance stabilise. This was on the SS RTA.

Breaking down the deck completely and giving it a clean does seem to have made a huge improvement - on the first couple of builds I completely flooded the deck so maybe it just needed the crap flushing out of it.

I also think I’m not pinching the coils fully with the grubs, which isn’t helping. I still got wobbly resistance at first (but it wobbles around the correct value, if that makes sense). After a few goes, when the coils are properly caught, it settles down. I do think it’s a PITA to build, but that’s most likely me not being used to a postless deck like this one.

Have you managed to pin down the correct leg length on the coils? I swear no matter how long I start them off, and how little I trim, they end up too short :18:

Absolutely cracking tank when it’s on point though - I’m sure I saw someone else say it almost had *too much* flavour, and I can sort of see where they’re coming from - on a really strong juice I can imagine it would be a bit overpowering.

Cant remember exactly how long the legs on the coil were tbh, quite long as it has to straddle the deck. Not rebuilt it in months, I just use it as is, maybe rewick occasionally.

Breaking down the deck completely and giving it a clean does seem to have made a huge improvement - on the first couple of builds I completely flooded the deck so maybe it just needed the crap flushing out of it.

I also think I’m not pinching the coils fully with the grubs, which isn’t helping. I still got wobbly resistance at first (but it wobbles around the correct value, if that makes sense). After a few goes, when the coils are properly caught, it settles down. I do think it’s a PITA to build, but that’s most likely me not being used to a postless deck like this one.

Have you managed to pin down the correct leg length on the coils? I swear no matter how long I start them off, and how little I trim, they end up too short :18:

Absolutely cracking tank when it’s on point though - I’m sure I saw someone else say it almost had *too much* flavour, and I can sort of see where they’re coming from - on a really strong juice I can imagine it would be a bit overpowering.
I don't have a Nevermore, but if it helps I tend to get similar issues with another postless deck MTL RTA, the (old) Asvape Zeta - it can take several goes to trap the legs securely.

OK, coil height, really hope this helps...

IMG_2732.jpeg

Hmmm, looks like the leaning tower of pisa, but you get the idea.

Back
Top Bottom