What's new

Money to burn on a nice rta - some input?

fermento

Initiate
I've got a bit of spare cash to spend on a treat for myself so I though I'd pick up a nice tank to go on my Ambition Mods Easy side-by-side. I'm looking at the kayfun prime, the taifun gtr and the atmizoo tripod. Are any of these significantly better that the other? What are the big differences between them? Or are they similar enough that I should just choose based on looks?

I'm edging towards the prime based on looks and the fact I love the kflite, but spending £100+ on a tank doesn't happen every day so I don't want to miss a trick.

My main vapes are the kayfun lite and the vapeshell (1.2mm insert), which I love, so I'm assuming the prime will be close to that... I like a tight MTL, the gtr looks like it might be a little airy? And the tripod is well reviewed well but it is a little bland in the looks (it doesn't have that industrial space ship vibe that the prime has, especially with the ultem kit).

The GTR is not airy even on max airflow and can be closed down tight. It`s a short atomiser though and may not play well with a side-by-side. Check your measurements first. If I had to choose I`d take the Prime with extension kit over the Taifun, I`ve no experience of the Tripod.

The GTR is not airy even on max airflow and can be closed down tight. It`s a short atomiser though and may not play well with a side-by-side. Check your measurements first. If I had to choose I`d take the Prime with extension kit over the Taifun, I`ve no experience of the Tripod.

Ah good point re. heights. Do you mean you'd take the prime over the gtr regardless of a side-by-side setup? What do you prefer about it?

I've got a bit of spare cash to spend on a treat for myself so I though I'd pick up a nice tank to go on my Ambition Mods Easy side-by-side. I'm looking at the kayfun prime, the taifun gtr and the atmizoo tripod. Are any of these significantly better that the other? What are the big differences between them? Or are they similar enough that I should just choose based on looks?

I'm edging towards the prime based on looks and the fact I love the kflite, but spending £100+ on a tank doesn't happen every day so I don't want to miss a trick.

My main vapes are the kayfun lite and the vapeshell (1.2mm insert), which I love, so I'm assuming the prime will be close to that... I like a tight MTL, the gtr looks like it might be a little airy? And the tripod is well reviewed well but it is a little bland in the looks (it doesn't have that industrial space ship vibe that the prime has, especially with the ultem kit).

What about a Dvarw

Attachments

• 90697922_10221172980012017_1520954365983064064_o.jpg
    90697922_10221172980012017_1520954365983064064_o.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
What about a Dvarw
I've thought about a Dvarw but (I know this sounds stupid) I've got no idea how to buy one! The khw website seems to never have stock of decks, and I don't use Facebook to get in on randomisers or whatever, and I don't know of any authorised sellers that I can use in the UK. I'm probably being an idiot, though! But the dvarw looks great and I've only heard good things about it.

I`d take the Prime over the GTR regardless of mod. There`s no particular reason, just because:)

The Dvarw is also excellent with a choice of tanks and airflow options. The decks are OOS, that may be because there`s a new one going to be launched.

Don`t forget the UK`s very own EVL Reaper which I prefer over the Dvarw, Prime and Taifun. Like the Dvarw, it`s bottom fill but with a potential capacity of 5ml it`s not like you`re filling it 2 or 3 times a day.

I`d take the Prime over the GTR regardless of mod. There`s no particular reason, just because:)

The Dvarw is also excellent with a choice of tanks and airflow options. The decks are OOS, that may be because there`s a new one going to be launched.

Don`t forget the UK`s very own EVL Reaper which I prefer over the Dvarw, Prime and Taifun. Like the Dvarw, it`s bottom fill but with a potential capacity of 5ml it`s not like you`re filling it 2 or 3 times a day.

It's so lame, but I just can't dig the font and EVL logo on the side, otherwise that might be the one. If I could guarantee the logo would be round the back on the side by side, then maybe?!

I've thought about a Dvarw but (I know this sounds stupid) I've got no idea how to buy one! The khw website seems to never have stock of decks, and I don't use Facebook to get in on randomisers or whatever, and I don't know of any authorised sellers that I can use in the UK. I'm probably being an idiot, though! But the dvarw looks great and I've only heard good things about it.

Messaged you

You can get a Dvarw via the KHW mods Facebook group, they regularly announce site drops or lists for it. In a few weeks there will be an updated version as well as a 24mm MTL, I'll be buying one for sure! It's a great atty that does well with all flavours and is quite similar to the Lite. Never had it to leak or gurgle and the airflow is dead silent, it's brilliant because it's simple which will sound familiar if you own a Lite.
The Tripod is an excellent atty but as you already said: it's no good in the looks department. The only major drawback is that you'll need to force a lot of cotton through your coil in order to fill the wick holes, 3mm id coils are fine but everything smaller will require putting some extra cotton in. And I wouldn't recommend a 3mm id coil with MTL inserts. Flavour is very good but even with the chamber reducer in place it's a slightly cooler vape. And let's not forget that the guys from Atmizoo will go above and beyond to help you with every problem you might ever encounter, and from my own experience I can tell you that you'll never have the same support from Svoë Mesto.
The Prime is the third best atty I own, after my 2 Lites :) flavour is on par with the Lite for custards and tobacco flavours, but a lot better for fruity juices. Nothing really special to report here, it works great and is well worth the money. And that's the one I'd choose if I were you.
I don't have experience with the Taifun GTR so I can't say anything useful about it. But I'd love to try it out some day when all the coronas have gone home

I love my Dvarw . Of all the tanks I have I just keep using this one. I was lucky that the airflow lined up perfectly with my mod.
IMG_0399.JPG IMG_0400.JPG

Back
Top Bottom