What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Mods with Variable Voltage settings.

Clear things up? I'm more confused that ever.... the only computations that are different is what it displays on the screen, the voltage is applied to the atty in exactly the same way surely? it's not like 'watts' are magically coming through the 510 and effecting the flavour, it's still just plain old voltage.

my head hurts anyway ..... :D

What I mean is, if you are just moving the tank from one mod to another, and your ehpro needs to be at 14w to give you 3.7v, then the archon on vv mode at 3.7v must also be supplying 14w, the only difference is it’s only showing you the voltage.

Because you switch it to voltage mode, doesn’t mean that it’s not supplying power to the tank in watts, still. And it will be the same amount.

Last edited:
Could it be that you prefer it on voltage mode because unknown to you you are vaping it at higher power than you would choose to on power mode?

Maybe, I’ll have a tinker and see if your point is true. Again I could be imaging it and I’m happy to be proved wrong- but the juice doesn’t seem to go down as much at about 3.67 v, if I turn the watts up to say 14-5w seems to drink the juice quicker. I realise that this could be a virtual impossibility. Maybe somebody with more vaping experience than me could do a test with a similar set up and report back?

You're running 0.7Ω and you like it at 3.65 volts?
That should be 19 watts.

But with the Archon you say you have to put it at 14.5 watts to get 3.67 volts?
That should be 3.19 volts.

I'm not really familar with these mods or their screens.
Are any/both of these voltage values/readings simply the charge left in the battery rather than what the mod is firing?

You're running 0.7Ω and you like it at 3.65 volts?
That should be 19 watts.

But with the Archon you say you have to put it at 14.5 watts to get 3.67 volts?
That should be 3.19 volts.

I'm not really familar with these mods or their screens.
Are any/both of these voltage values/readings simply the charge left in the battery rather than what the mod is firing?

The coil I have in the Berserker at present is reading 0.65 on the Archon.
I don’t have to do anything with Watts. It has a vv mode. Also the Watts don’t change when I switch back to Wattage mode to check. The Watts stay the same.

I found this on the net and the author goes a little way to explain what is happening when you’re in VV mode.
https://www.vaporvanity.com/best-variable-voltage-mods/

Maybe I’ll just get me coat as I’ve probably no idea what I’m on about. I’ll maybe just keep on with my imagined happiness and blissful ignorance in VV mode and never mention it again [emoji112]
Edit: Voltage values remain the same whether battery level is at full, half or low.

Right o, I read somewhere that Zt likes Manabush in Vv mode and it seems to work better for me. I guess if it’s impossible then my imagination is skewed. Can’t argue with Maths or Physics I guess.

The placebo effect could be at play.

Yesterday there was someone who is convinced that his juice tastes better when his coil gets its watts from a mech rather than a regulated.
If he believes it, it may well be true for him, even if physics would suggest a watt is a watt.

You read somewhere that a hero of the juice world likes his legendary juice with a vv mod.
This may well lead you to perceive a difference where no objective difference exists.

Just a random theory.

The placebo effect could be at play.

Yesterday there was someone who is convinced that his juice tastes better when his coil gets its watts from a mech rather than a regulated.
If he believes it, it may well be true for him, even if physics would suggest a watt is a watt.

You read somewhere that a hero of the juice world likes his legendary juice with a vv mod.
This may well lead you to perceive a difference where no objective difference exists.

Just a random theory.

You know you’re possibly right. Happy to be a Placebo affected Vaper [emoji3] There does seem to be more ramp up from the coil in vv mode and it appears to be a warmer vape.

Perhaps the mod you are using has a soft ramp up setting in wattage mode that isn't applied in voltage mode?

Back
Top Bottom