What's new

Mods with Variable Voltage settings.

I gave my NX75 to my mate, so I can't check but I'm thinking when you switch to voltage it keeps the wattage the same so you can go back to wattage where you left off ..... much the same as if you changed from TC to power, you might have the watts at 30 in TC mode but only 12w in power mode. I'm thinking it treats it as a different mode rather than just a display thing.... same as the power curve mode, the TC modes etc can all have different settings.
Exactly this...

So you mean that the watts don’t actually stay the same, it just displays the value you have it set to in power mode? That would make sense, but also seems like a slightly daft and confusing arrangement.
Why?
If you're running in voltage mode you want to set the volts, if you're running in Wattage then you want to set the watts, usually you would change between the two because you want to change them not just to see the values...

Aye, so if a mod can go into vv mode, but the watts displayed doesn’t change as you change the volts, it’s basically displaying the wrong watts, aye?
NO - It's displaying the watts you have it set at in wattage mode, when you switch to voltage mode it displays the volts you have it set at - they're NOT linked modes...
Would you want the same power in SS mode as you would in say Ni200 mode?

Why?
If you're running in voltage mode you want to set the volts, if you're running in Wattage then you want to set the watts, usually you would change between the two because you want to change them not just to see the values...

I may have misunderstood, but my understanding of what the poster was saying is that when his mod is in voltage mode, it displays a W value on the screen, the same ways as power mode on many mods displays the voltage, but that this power value on the screen doesn’t change as he changes the voltage. I get that the watt value you had power mode set to wouldn’t change or be linked to the value you set in voltage mode. Does that make sense?

What the OP was wanting to do was change the voltage while keeping the power constant. Which is impossible, right? Not the values stored in the different modes, the actual voltage and power, if you understand what I mean.

NO - It's displaying the watts you have it set at in wattage mode, when you switch to voltage mode it displays the volts you have it set at - they're NOT linked modes...
Would you want the same power in SS mode as you would in say Ni200 mode?

The way the poster described this made it sound like the W value he is talking about is displayed on the screen when the mod is in voltage mode, though. He didn’t say he was switching between modes to look at the W value. Maybe I misunderstood him.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies and detailed responses.

Just to clear things up. I was asking if any other Mods had Voltage mode.
I honestly believe Manabush tastes better in Vv mode. On my Archon with the Berserker it seems to ramp up quicker and gives me a nicer flavour vape than wattage mode.
I did read somewhere that working off Volts it doesn’t have to go through various other Computations to give the power.

I never expected the thread to end up so detailed.

My research has found that there aren’t that many mods that still retain the VV setting as a separate mode. As tubby engineer explained it’s a hangover from ancient vaping days. The coolfire IV 70 and a few of the Aspire range. Think I’m going to buy the NX 75 from Cloudstix.

Thanks again all

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies and detailed responses.

Just to clear things up. I was asking if any other Mods had Voltage mode.
I honestly believe Manabush tastes better in Vv mode. On my Archon with the Berserker it seems to ramp up quicker and gives me a nicer flavour vape than wattage mode.
I did read somewhere that working off Volts it doesn’t have to go through various other Computations to give the power.

I never expected the thread to end up so detailed.

My research has found that there aren’t that many mods that still retain the VV setting as a separate mode. As tubby engineer explained it’s a hangover from ancient vaping days. The coolfire IV 70 and a few of the Aspire range. Think I’m going to buy the NX 75 from Cloudstix.

Thanks again all

Could it be that you prefer it on voltage mode because unknown to you you are vaping it at higher power than you would choose to on power mode?

Back
Top Bottom