What's new

Mesh RTA - Gryphus 24 MTL RTA

so what’s the story with it? good or shit? i’ve lost track. :)
It's a grower.

Initially I was disappointed because it's not what it pertains to be. But after accepting that, and spending a lot of time fiddling with it and setting it up with different builds, I've grown to really like it.

It's not perfect, and not for everyone, but it now performs really well and has great flavour.

It's main problem is that it's caught between two stools, it's not tight enough for MTL, but it's not loose enough for DTL either so it doesn't really know what it wants to be.

If they can make that decision for the V2 I think they'll have a good tank on their hands either way.

As it stands though, I'm now okay with how it draws and I haven't put it down all day. I'll continue to use it regularly.

After using this for six days now, I have to say I've got over my initial disappointments and really grown to like it a lot.

The flavour is a cut above the norm and so smooth and subtle it's actually enabled me to start vaping custards again when I haven't been able to tolerate them on my throat for over a year.

The only problem with it is I'm drinking more of it them than I'm vaping. It's now spitting more than a south American footballer.

It's not perfect by any means and certainly not a £100 tank but as a clone it is better than an authentic in the same price bracket.

As I've said before, it's no MTL and probably ranges from around 1.5mm to around 2.5mm, but neither is it a true DTL, so this is one for hardcore RDLers only.

It has it's quirks - and there are many - but if you're prepared to live with them then this can be an enjoyable tank to use.

I can't recommend you buy one though because of the aforementioned quirks, and if you can't get on with them you may end up hating it. But as for me, I've grown to love it and I'll be using it for a while yet.

TBH I am quite satisfied with the Caliburn GK2 for a mesh MTL experience. Superb flavour and airflow that goes from tight MTL to RDL.

TBH I am quite satisfied with the Caliburn GK2 for a mesh MTL experience. Superb flavour and airflow that goes from tight MTL to RDL.

Yes, it seems odd to me how they can get mesh right for pods and standard coils though but not for RTA's. I think the lack of suitable mesh may be more of an issue than the tanks themselves. I wonder what the constitution and density of stock coil mesh is in comparison and why they can't make it available?

Yes, it seems odd to me how they can get mesh right for pods and standard coils though but not for RTA's. I think the lack of suitable mesh may be more of an issue than the tanks themselves. I wonder what the constitution and density of stock coil mesh is in comparison and why they can't make it available?

coil mesh is too small

actual coil mesh is too small. The damnvape intense mtl coil gets close. But it still has too much surface area for true mtl.

F72AC5C3-4DD0-47BD-9E2F-A47AB8F33D24.jpeg
56150978-C22D-43A3-9B06-B07B13D06FE2.jpeg
074551EA-1FE8-406C-9CEC-FC8D27DFCADD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom