What's new

Mesh RTA - Gryphus 24 MTL RTA

So you've binned the mesh part and have moved on to standard coils?
I'm really interested to see if you can get the mesh so provide some sort of suitable vape.
After all thats what it pertains to be!

I'll get there @Mr Ripple, it's just going to take a bit of time. I won't be beaten!

After getting a good round wire build out of it I'm optimistic again for the mesh. If I can get the resistance up I think I might have some success. It won't be MTL like we'd hoped but I think mesh can work. I'll just have to get myself some different sorts of mesh and keep trying.

I might leave it a couple of weeks though, I'm knackered. So many rebuilds I've exhausted myself. It's been a bit traumatic to say the least.

One thing I did notice about this was the strips of mesh provided with the original were much thinner than the strips provided with the clones. Maybe it's worth trying to cut down the provided strips to about a third of their original width (this should raise the ohms considerably - not that it should make any real difference). At least you will be starting off with a mesh strip of the approximate dimensions that the designer intended to be used.

I'll get there @Mr Ripple, it's just going to take a bit of time. I won't be beaten!

After getting a good round wire build out of it I'm optimistic again for the mesh. If I can get the resistance up I think I might have some success. It won't be MTL like we'd hoped but I think mesh can work. I'll just have to get myself some different sorts of mesh and keep trying.

I might leave it a couple of weeks though, I'm knackered. So many rebuilds I've exhausted myself. It's been a bit traumatic to say the least.

you shouldn't really be concerned about the ohms of mesh. I could cut you pieces of mesh of wildly different sizes that were the same ohms. The piece I use in my damnvape intense is 1/10 the size that I use in my profile and they ohm the same.

just be concerned about the surface area. You don't want the actual surface area to be producing more vapor then necessary for mtl. The surface area you want is roughly what I have in my picture up there. Something similar to a coil used in an mtl prebuilt.

You wanted mesh? You got mesh...

@Diagrammatiks is right though, the ohms make no difference. I got the resistance up to as high as 0.9 using smaller and smaller strips, then it burned out. Now I've gone more sensible and it's settled out at 0.28 and is vaping between 15 - 30 watts nicely.

Sadly I have to say it works better as a traditional coiler at this stage though and the mesh is still just a bit of a gimmick. Hopefully they'll work it out eventually, but as of yet they haven't.

That's not to say this is a bad tank, it's not. It's actually a very good one, just as a traditional coil RDL one, not what it's billed as.

IMG_20220516_160827.jpeg

Although a big Mesh Fan it's not one i would of gone for. I Read through the Thread and it looks a nightmare to get any sort of build in so rather you than me.

Although a big Mesh Fan it's not one i would of gone for. I Read through the Thread and it looks a nightmare to get any sort of build in so rather you than me.

On the contrary @LordOdin, it's one of the easiest attys I ever built and wicked in both guises. Everything goes straight in with no fuss at all. The only problems I've had is unscrewing the deck, it get surper tight for some reasom.

Still looks pretty crap to me, a MTL Tank that doesn't or can't do MTL shouldn't have been on sale.

If you look at how the mesh deck is designed it's not a bad effort.
The real issue imo is the airflow.
It comes from the top of the sides.
This would only work if the whole deck area was filled with mesh and cotton.
The reason i built it so nig was an attempt to try and tap into the airflow better but even with a full labo pad scottish rolled it still didn't get close enough.
I even splayed out the cotton ends in a cartwheel to try and channel the airflow but nope.
With all that room left in the deck area and very little getting to the mesh meaning most of it just passes by picking up a little vapour on route imo it made for a hollow borderline harsh mesh vape.
It's not too similar to drawing in smoke feom the wrong end of the ciggie.

Back
Top Bottom