What's new

Let the battle commence

Sorry bud, was just messing around :S Well, I've built it now, first impressions... need to find a longer drip tip, the one I have on it gets a bit toasty... nice flavour, will mess with the mesh tomorrow to see if I can tighten the draw up a bit, for @Crewella , if you don't have £100 to spare, the YFTK is good as long as you wick it so it doesn't need the wee plastic JFC turning as it's not gonna play ball without some serious mashing. Kinda suspected as much with Rob highlighting tolerances. Is it better than the dvarw, No. Is it better than the Doggy, Yup.

Sorry bud, was just messing around :S Well, I've built it now, first impressions... need to find a longer drip tip, the one I have on it gets a bit toasty... nice flavour, will mess with the mesh tomorrow to see if I can tighten the draw up a bit, for @Crewella , if you don't have £100 to spare, the YFTK is good as long as you wick it so it doesn't need the wee plastic JFC turning as it's not gonna play ball without some serious mashing. Kinda suspected as much with Rob highlighting tolerances. Is it better than the dvarw, No. Is it better than the Doggy, Yup.

Glad there's no drama. What is the size of under coil hole?

I had two, so used the smaller one, I believe it's 1.8mm. I'd completely disassembled the tank to see how it all worked.

I had two, so used the smaller one, I believe it's 1.8mm. I'd completely disassembled the tank to see how it all worked.

Tolerances must be playing a part as on mine with the MTL deck and smallest hole, it feels pretty tight to me.

I use the MTL deck and the air ring, from the 2.7, on the second largest hole, I do like it reasonably loose (ooh er missus) but perfect for me!

Yeah, I'm in the Crewella camp for draw though @spikey1 , Rob sent me some mesh to take care of it as he knows this o_O

When I fitted the mesh reducer, I took it all apart. Cut the mesh to a width so that it doesn't obstruct the air intake hole on the pin. Used a large sewing pin to wrap the mesh around.

OK, thanks @rew , definitely a mission for tomorrow when the eyes are fresh I think.

I’ve also found that more wick, a slightly lower coil and the juice control closed off very slightly, also reduces airflow a bit but I vape TC, so no risk of a dry hit.

I’ve also found that more wick, a slightly lower coil and the juice control closed off very slightly, also reduces airflow a bit but I vape TC, so no risk of a dry hit.

Ive had to go thick with the wicking to stop it flooding and I now have the juice control set to half way. Ive lowered the coil a wee bit too and am getting better flavour from it. Had to go with a wider drip tip than I like as im getting a lot of condensation.

Last edited:
Ive had to go thick with the wicking to stop it flooding and I have the juice control set to half way. Ive lowered the coil a wee bit too and am getting better flavour from it. Had to go with a wider drip tip than I like as im getting a lot of condensation.

I haven’t found any of those problems, using a 3 mm coil and KF5 drip tip, it could be because my MTL style vape is definitely on the loose side.

So far, to echo what I’ve said previously, found it be be really easy to build and provides amazing flavour.

Just goes to show why there are so many atties out there!

Back
Top Bottom