What's new

Let the battle commence

5E753B15-2A62-49BF-90A0-910423ED6811.jpeg
Well it’s arrived. Eek. Will report later

First impression after 1 1/2 a tanks:

Now I know I’m a bit of a Luddite when it comes to vape knowledge as, in comparison to most, I have tried very few atomisers but I feel I have two very good Mtl atties to compare it against on first impression - The True and the BB Vapeshell

So I’ll use headphones as an analogy here;

The True and Vapeshell are like a deep rich bass’y pair of cans. Lots of bass, decent mid range and a softened high range.

The EVL is like having a pair of studio quality cans popped on and being able to hear everything.

Now I’m a big fan of warm bassey sounds and I like the warm richness that the true and vapeshell provide.

The EVL, for me so far, removes a little of the low end, amplifies the middle and lifts the high end.

Balanced I think is what I’m getting at. Balanced and clear.

That probably sounded like a load of rubbish.

Build quality is, of course, lovely. Easy to build on. And quite intuitive with the juice flow. Opening it is almost like having an rda with a locking mechanism. I like it a lot.

The pull is airy. On the smallest hole it’s a little bit more open than the second smallest on the True but I find this mutes the flavour. The second smallest hole seems right for flavour but it does open things up considerably and it is a little noisy.

I have managed to flood it already due to thinning out the tails too much but seem to have it sorted now. It’s too early to say much else and I’m looking forward to trying it again tomorrow with something new inside it. I think if you like intricate and complex flavours this isn’t going to disappoint.

It’s early days and maybe I shouldn’t comment so early but so far I think it’s been a good start. I look forward to getting to know it better over the coming week or so.

First impression after 1 1/2 a tanks:

Now I know I’m a bit of a Luddite when it comes to vape knowledge as, in comparison to most, I have tried very few atomisers but I feel I have two very good Mtl atties to compare it against on first impression - The True and the BB Vapeshell

So I’ll use headphones as an analogy here;

The True and Vapeshell are like a deep rich bass’y pair of cans. Lots of bass, decent mid range and a softened high range.

The EVL is like having a pair of studio quality cans popped on and being able to hear everything.

Now I’m a big fan of warm bassey sounds and I like the warm richness that the true and vapeshell provide.

The EVL, for me so far, removes a little of the low end, amplifies the middle and lifts the high end.

Balanced I think is what I’m getting at. Balanced and clear.

That probably sounded like a load of rubbish.

Build quality is, of course, lovely. Easy to build on. And quite intuitive with the juice flow. Opening it is almost like having an rda with a locking mechanism. I like it a lot.

The pull is airy. On the smallest hole it’s a little bit more open than the second smallest on the True but I find this mutes the flavour. The second smallest hole seems right for flavour but it does open things up considerably and it is a little noisy.

I have managed to flood it already due to thinning out the tails too much but seem to have it sorted now. It’s too early to say much else and I’m looking forward to trying it again tomorrow with something new inside it. I think if you like intricate and complex flavours this isn’t going to disappoint.

It’s early days and maybe I shouldn’t comment so early but so far I think it’s been a good start. I look forward to getting to know it better over the coming week or so.

Nothing wrong with that review Matt. It's good to get different points of view. Yours is as valid as any.

Have bodged up a mesh reducer for mine. It has certainly tightened the airflow and if anything intensified the flavour

@rew I might need a few guide photo's for that job, I bought a styled one from the classies and Rob generously sent me some mesh. Not here yet but imminent.

@rew I might need a few guide photo's for that job, I bought a styled one from the classies and Rob generously sent me some mesh. Not here yet but imminent.

I will try to help. It's my first attempt, so that's why I say bodge. Let me know when it arrives

Very surprised you’re not finding it a better vape than the True but I think yours is a clone which may have something to do with it, of course. I’ve used both and to me they’re aren’t even close.

I’m no expert on mesh inserts but think it’s just a case of cutting it to an appropriate size to roll and shove in the airflow below where the coil goes. I assume you have a 2.7 version, so should have plenty of space to get it in there. I guess it will then be trial and error on how much mesh restricts it to how you like.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom