What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

KHW Dvarw MTL

I don’t have one of these yet but I keep looking at that deck and thinking it might really suit a coil mounted at a 45 degree angle and a big pronounced s-wick kfl style.

hmm good point ..ive just picked it up again after a while .. it tastes better now

im discovering it really doesnt want much cotton

@ZT how long did it take for yours to be delivered? I ordered on wed and still not had shipping notification yet!

7AF12BCC-605B-4D77-BAFA-3256B3108A44.jpeg
5F4EC588-6637-4D21-A932-F708C032389A.jpeg

This where my experimentation took me and it works like a charm every time. Thought the pics might be better than my verbal explanation earlier in the thread.

So mine turned up today (thanks @jj87) and I popped a quick build in at lunch time. A simple spaced 27g coil coming out at 1.1 ohms. Really simple M-wick similar to @instantlady above, used a fair bit of cotton because I was worried about leaks while at work.

Really impressed so far, a lovely warm vape at 16W and with the 1.2mm restrictor the airflow is just right for me.

My only concern so far is that when I unscrewed the tank to fill the top cap of the chamber was stuck inside the chimney rather than coming off with the base - has this happened to anyone else? I just filled around it for now and put the tank back together and touch wood it hasn't disturbed my build or resulted in any leaking, but does concern me a bit. I did lube the o-rings before putting it all together so - any advice?

So mine turned up today (thanks @jj87) and I popped a quick build in at lunch time. A simple spaced 27g coil coming out at 1.1 ohms. Really simple M-wick similar to @instantlady above, used a fair bit of cotton because I was worried about leaks while at work.

Really impressed so far, a lovely warm vape at 16W and with the 1.2mm restrictor the airflow is just right for me.

My only concern so far is that when I unscrewed the tank to fill the top cap of the chamber was stuck inside the chimney rather than coming off with the base - has this happened to anyone else? I just filled around it for now and put the tank back together and touch wood it hasn't disturbed my build or resulted in any leaking, but does concern me a bit. I did lube the o-rings before putting it all together so - any advice?

It happened to me too recently but I thought it was caused by placing the coil too high and using too much wick; so overfilling the chamber. It didn’t cause any leaking or sounds in my case and stopped happening when I adjusted.

This guy suggest leaving the cap attached to the chimney to squeeze a bit more juice in:

Back
Top Bottom