What's new

KHW Dvarw MTL

domejunky

Achiever
Thought I'd create a thread to gather tips on wicking and coiling the Dvarw. I'm loving it, but it's been quite a learning curve:

I've found two good wicking methods

1. An 'S' wick - similar to how people have been doing 'M' wicks, but on its side so you can see what's going on. I cut the wick to the lip of the barrel, which is fitted at a 45 degree angle. Then sweep the tails in the direction of the the hole. This seems to present the ends of the cotton to the juice rather than the side

IMG_20180128_201601.jpg

2. Don't have a name. But after experimenting with poking the wick through the holes, I tried cutting the wick to the lip of the barrel. Then removing the barrel and trimming to tails to a point. Just a touch off the top to the height of the coil, then each side. You should have a point that will poke through the hole in the barrel about 1mm when reattached. This has been the most effective method so far...

IMG_20180202_133138.jpg

IMG_20180202_133108.jpg

I have tried many different ways with mine and the most consistent way I have found is to do an 's' wick but more pronounced that the one in your pictures. I have about 2cm wick protruding either side of the coil and then bend from the centre 90 degrees to the edge then sweep round the remaining along the outer edge of the cap. Then do the other side generally in the opposite direction (not sure why this makes a difference), it looks quite full of cotton and you have to be careful not to compress it much at all but once you get this right it works like a charm with zero issues. sorry for no pics but mine is sat drying on a windowsill at home at the mo so had to try and explain verbally. if I remember i'll take a pic next time I'm building it. An exceptional tank when you get it right though.

Thought I'd create a thread to gather tips on wicking and coiling the Dvarw. I'm loving it, but it's been quite a learning curve:

I've found two good wicking methods

1. An 'S' wick - similar to how people have been doing 'M' wicks, but on its side so you can see what's going on. I cut the wick to the lip of the barrel, which is fitted at a 45 degree angle. Then sweep the tails in the direction of the the hole. This seems to present the ends of the cotton to the juice rather than the side

View attachment 150899

2. Don't have a name. But after experimenting with poking the wick through the holes, I tried cutting the wick to the lip of the barrel. Then removing the barrel and trimming to tails to a point. Just a touch off the top to the height of the coil, then each side. You should have a point that will poke through the hole in the barrel about 1mm when reattached. This has been the most effective method so far...

View attachment 150897
View attachment 150898
Awesome man thanks! I am having some wicking issues with it so far ...

Some pictures on how I do it

Attachments

• IMG_1970.JPG
    IMG_1970.JPG
    334.6 KB · Views: 830
  • IMG_1971.JPG
    IMG_1971.JPG
    450.2 KB · Views: 1,064
  • IMG_1972.JPG
    IMG_1972.JPG
    333.2 KB · Views: 899
  • IMG_1973.JPG