What's new

Kayfun Prime o rings, how often do you change them ?

I use authentic orings on a sxk clone and it works great.
Due to the design of the jfc in Kayfuns I suggest to be very gentle with closing it, like two-fingers-and-stop-when-it-resist gentle. It will not leak. The other solution is to buy good quality orings in desired sizes by tens and keep swapping them. I agree with you though - it shouldn't be happening that often.

Hi, no it doesnt seem to be getting too much juice, in fact sometimes I get dry hits, thanks.
How much do you open the jfc? I usually use one and a half turns for 50/50 juice and 2 full turns for 70/30

That should give you plenty of juice and possibly flooding. I am very surprised you get dry hits. Maybe try fanning the cotton a bit....
yes I will try that, again it is probably down to my wicking it badly, I will turn it down to 1 1/2 turns and re wick, thank you all for your help

yes I will try that, again it is probably down to my wicking it badly, I will turn it down to 1 1/2 turns and re wick, thank you all for your help
Do not be shy with fanning. Place something thin on the post then bend the cotton over it and down the collar of the juice well to the bottom oring. Cut the cotton on that level. Cotton should be loose and not bent in a juice well.

Do not be shy with fanning. Place something thin on the post then bend the cotton over it and down the collar of the juice well to the bottom oring. Cut the cotton on that level. Cotton should be loose and not bent in a juice well.
sorry for my ignorance but I might need a diagram, I cant visualise what you say, to get correct length take the cotton over the outside of the well to the o ring then cut at that,point, then place inside well ? thanks for your help

sorry for my ignorance but I might need a diagram, I cant visualise what you say, to get correct length take the cotton over the outside of the well to the o ring then cut at that,point, then place inside well ? thanks for your help
Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. To make sure you don't have any cotton touching the airflow under the coil, place something like a needle or a toothpick on a post touching the postscrews and bend the cotton over it to the wells. The length of the cotton you cut with the "bottom oring" trick should leave you with a perfect wick that prevents flooding and provides good saturating of the coil. I don't really remember the video I've seen it on but it works...

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. To make sure you don't have any cotton touching the airflow under the coil, place something like a needle or a toothpick on a post touching the postscrews and bend the cotton over it to the wells. The length of the cotton you cut with the "bottom oring" trick should leave you with a perfect wick that prevents flooding and provides good saturating of the coil. I don't really remember the video I've seen it on but it works...
Ok and thank you, I think im with you know and I will give it a go, if you come across the video then give me a link, thank you so much for your help

Back
Top Bottom