What's new

Kayfun [lite]

Not sure it makes a tonne of difference, I use stainless, NiFe or Kanthal depending on the circumstances.

There seems to be plenty of wriggle room, to be honest I think I'm just being an idiot, I've put it on 14 watts instead of 12.5 and its tasting a lot better :hmm:

Quick question though, for MTL would ni80 be a better option or is the type of wire all just personal preference?

Give Ni80 a go. I use it, but it does come out lower than kanthal relatively speaking. It's not a problem as it ramps up quickly at low watts

I wanna eventually try a TC build with N200 or SS, but i like me some nichrome for now.

Give Ni80 a go. I use it, but it does come out lower than kanthal relatively speaking. It's not a problem as it ramps up quickly at low watts

Thanks for the help and thanks everyone else! Had a massively warm welcome to the forum! Its vaping like a dream now :)

Just wondering what builds people are rocking In their kayfuns, I've just stuck to kanthal 1.6 ohm but looking to give something else ago. Anyone pretty happy with their build atm?

Kanthal 27g 8/9 wrap

What wattage you running that on? I'm having to change cotton nearly everyday with a kanthal 28g 9 wrap. Its 1.6 and I'm running it at 12.7 not too sure what the problem is with it. Cant see 27g being too different to what I have

What wattage you running that on? I'm having to change cotton nearly everyday with a kanthal 28g 9 wrap. Its 1.6 and I'm running it at 12.7 not too sure what the problem is with it. Cant see 27g being too different to what I have
13 -14w
Try dropping a wrap and set your coil ever so slightly spaced.
That way there will be room between the coils for the gunk to collect so you'll find they last a bit longer.

28 AWG NiFe30, 6 wraps spaced, 2.5ID. Comes out around 0.17 ohm.

Back
Top Bottom