What's new

Kayfun [lite]

I struggle with some mtl rta's with trapping wires and anything smaller than 26g i always find the wire trying to pop out from under the screw head.

On the lite there are hooks (see picture below) which I've tried using to trap the wire before screwing down.

This has worked to a degree but got me thinking they must be there for that reason as i can't see another reason why they exist.

Anyone else used them and found a way to loop them in easily?

View attachment 191066
I always pull the wires round the screw (90 degrees) whilst I tighten down to make it easier to trap - always use 28AWG. I'm guessing that gap in the 'hook' makes that easier?

I always pull the wires round the screw (90 degrees) whilst I tighten down to make it easier to trap - always use 28AWG. I'm guessing that gap in the 'hook' makes that easier?
I do the same but i guess if I wind the coil the other way it might trap it better.

I got a bit lost at the wicking part. Is there an advantage to vertical wicking or is it just something a little different?

I think vertical coils are mostly useful with an airflow hole in the side like the vaponautes, origen etc. I don’t see how it could be an advantage with a standard kind of tank like this.

Ive been thinking my KFL was too airy.
Knew it had adjustable airflow but didnt have a manual.
Who would have thought that it would be under the 510.

I do the same but i guess if I wind the coil the other way it might trap it better.

They’ve been there since the kayfun 5. I’m sure the idea is to make it easier for people using wider coils, to get the legs round to the back of the screw uniformly.

See here for a demonstration

https://svoemesto.de/kayfun-5-rebuilding/

K5-Spiral_HQ_1.gif

K5-Spiral_HQ_3.gif

K5-Spiral_HQ_4.gif

Back
Top Bottom