What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Kayfun Lite XS centre pin

Dennis-vc

Postman
I've bought this to see if it's as good as everyone's claiming, but I can't seem to find the right build for it. I'm using it with the dome kit and I'm running a 28g kanthal coil, 6 wraps 2.5mm ID. But it gets hot, like really hot at 14-15W.
The other one that I own has the stock centre pin installed and I'm using 27g 7 wraps 2.5mm ID coils without any issue. What am I doing wrong?

I have the same build in all my Kayfuns. 27g Kanthal 2.5 ID 6/7wrap coming out at 1omh ish at 14 watts. My 22mm ran hot so I got the extension kit for it and it completely fixed it. However my 24mm doesn’t so I kept it short. Both have the XS pin.

I have the same build in all my Kayfuns. 27g Kanthal 2.5 ID 6/7wrap coming out at 1omh ish at 14 watts. My 22mm ran hot so I got the extension kit for it and it completely fixed it. However my 24mm doesn’t so I kept it short. Both have the XS pin.
I use the extension kit on both of my Lites for the same reason. Airflow is set at what I think is 1.5mm on my 24 and it's very good, now I'm using thinner wire and 1 less wrap but with the XS pin in my 22. I thought this would compensate for the tighter airflow, but no luck so far.

I've not noticed it getting over hot with the seven wrap 27awg kanthal classic.
love the smaller airflow and the fact they stay bone dry.
I guess it's down to vape draw style again. I must admit I rarely go north of 13w as 3.7v is my happy place.

Back
Top Bottom