What's new

Kayfun lite is (no longer) crap *fixed

wicked properly, it doesnt leak, no condensation. the whistling was my only gripe with this before. lifting the coil as suggested solved the issue for me.

aye i think part of my problem was i couldn’t do the wick very consistently. which might explain the gurgling. i just didn’t really get along with it.

maybe it’s just not for you @qbass00 . to be honest i didn’t think it was great either. it’s a bit noisy and the airflow seems a bit hollow, if you get what i mean. i also found it a bit fussy and it tends to gurgle if you tighten the airflow too much.

it may be that you puff to hard. i’m sure that’s why i don’t get on with certain tanks that other folk seem to love.
Totally agree @zouzounaki. I got a Zues X when it came out as many were raving 'bout how good it was.....never got a decent vape out of it no matter what I tried......boxed it back up and slung it in the NOPE drawer.

I don't get the hype around this RTA at all.
Imo: Classic design from the company that produced the first groundbreaking cotton wick tank, useful features, not another piece of Chinese shit.

That said, can’t remember the last time I used mine. Maybe I’ll dig it out tomorrow.

aye i think part of my problem was i couldn’t do the wick very consistently. which might explain the gurgling. i just didn’t really get along with it.

i use 2.5mm id coil. i dont thin the wick ends and simply tuck them in the wick ports. cut off any excess cotton that sticks out after they have been folded and stuffed in. you should have an idea if your wick is too thick and may lead to dry hit city as you push it in. i also make sure to keep the cotton low (like they suggest in the pioneer rta), and away from the airhole under the coil.

Well, after a few days of use I’m afraid the gurgle is back, alongside the crap flavor and loud duck noises, and alongside all that it’s now also leaking and spitting. It worked ok for about a day, I’ve tried building this thing in every possible way now and it’s just terrible, I’m tired of wasting coils and juice on it, it’s going back in its box. Not an enjoyable experience all in all. Shame, as the few minutes of decent vape I got from it were great, but it’s really not worth this amount of effort. As someone said above, maybe it’s just not for me, I usually have no issues with MTL builds but either I’m doing something wrong or it’s just not for me. Glad I didn’t pay full price for it anyway..

Well, after a few days of use I’m afraid the gurgle is back, alongside the crap flavor and loud duck noises, and alongside all that it’s now also leaking and spitting. It worked ok for about a day, I’ve tried building this thing in every possible way now and it’s just terrible, I’m tired of wasting coils and juice on it, it’s going back in its box. Not an enjoyable experience all in all. Shame, as the few minutes of decent vape I got from it were great, but it’s really not worth this amount of effort. As someone said above, maybe it’s just not for me, I usually have no issues with MTL builds but either I’m doing something wrong or it’s just not for me. Glad I didn’t pay full price for it anyway..

i think like me you’ll need to just conclude that it’s shite, and wonder why so many people like it so much. :)

Which clone is it? I got rid of the sxk one I had as it was rubbish. Mine are all yftk ones. No issues, even took one away with me on this trip, Been flawless as usual.

Bizarre, I have one 2019 and 3 Lite plus versions, all clones, and 2 are from dubious manufacturers, and have never had any of the problems the OP has had even though I'm ten thumbed and can't wick to save my life. I've recently ordered another clone 24mm Lite Plus to stick in my rainy day stash in case I break the 4 I have.

Last edited:
there’s definitely a factor with it that causes trouble for some folk. even after i fixed the one i had by replacing the number 7 o ring. it worked well for a while, but eventually had the problems again. whether it is too hard a puff, screwing the airflow tighter than it can handle, or we can’t do the wick right, who knows. for me all the troubles would only appear when i set the airflow fairly tight.

there’s definitely a factor with it that causes trouble for some folk. even after i fixed the one i had by replacing the number 7 o ring. it worked well for a while, but eventually had the problems again. whether it is too hard a puff, screwing the airflow tighter than it can handle, or we can’t do the wick right, who knows. for me all the troubles would only appear when i set the airflow fairly tight.

I prefer a very loose airflow, maybe that's part of the reason I don't have problems - it's certainly not about knowledge or skill because when it comes to MTL I have very little.

Back
Top Bottom