What's new

Kayfun lite is (no longer) crap *fixed

qbass00

Postman
Picked up a Kayfun lite 24 in a sale the other day, after hearing so much about these I was really looking forward to trying it, but having spent a day with it, I have to say it's frankly pretty terrible. It worked as intended for about an hour, then after a refill the airflow started gurgling and making weird noises. Screwing around with the plastic airflow control doesn't help much, and removing it from the mod every 2 seconds is no fun at all, and I wouldn't mind the bottom fill but the smooth stainless steel makes removing the base really annoying, especially when the tank is covered in juice that leaked out from it. The flavour is average at best, certainly no better than an average MTL RTA. Even the cheapest RTA I have, the Vertex does a better job than this, and the Exvape Expromizer V4 has a much smoother airflow and way better flavour. I don't get the hype around this RTA at all.

You're going backwards perhaps in your purchasing trends?
You're comparing old rtas to more recent ones.
Try buying the latest rtas rather than last years models.

Picked up a Kayfun lite 24 in a sale the other day, after hearing so much about these I was really looking forward to trying it, but having spent a day with it, I have to say it's frankly pretty terrible. It worked as intended for about an hour, then after a refill the airflow started gurgling and making weird noises. Screwing around with the plastic airflow control doesn't help much, and removing it from the mod every 2 seconds is no fun at all, and I wouldn't mind the bottom fill but the smooth stainless steel makes removing the base really annoying, especially when the tank is covered in juice that leaked out from it. The flavour is average at best, certainly no better than an average MTL RTA. Even the cheapest RTA I have, the Vertex does a better job than this, and the Exvape Expromizer V4 has a much smoother airflow and way better flavour. I don't get the hype around this RTA at all.

I have experienced this with a KF Lite 24 2019. It was fine for a while, but after refilling it the damn thing started gurgling, the base part of the tank started getting soaked and I was getting the odd gobfull of 20mg nic salt.

What had happened was when I unscrewed the top cap to fill the build deck unscrewed slightly. The build deck hadn't been unscrewed completely and been stuck in the chimney, but it unscrewed from the base just enough that when reasembled juice was getting under the seal of the o-ring on the bottom of the build deck, into the airflow, dribbling out of the side air inlet, flooding the deck, gurgling like a bstd - and occasionally getting into my gob which was pretty shit.

Try taking off the top cap and checking that the build deck is screwed securely into the base. Mine still does it occasionally but I try to get into the habit of checking it hasn't unscrewed when i refill. If it unscrews completely that is obvious because the build deck remains in the chimney and you're just left with the base, minus 510 in your hand - but if it unscrews slightly it is easy not to notice and it will gurgle and turn incontinent.

The KF Lite 2019 can dribble through the air adjustment screw (the 2021 doesn't) - but this is just an occasional drop that means it is wise to dab the 510 with a tissue when you remove the tank to refill, but this is definitely not what you are experiencing - so don't constantly tweak the air adjustment screw to try and stop the leak.

Last edited:
I have experienced this with a KF Lite 24 2019. It was fine for a while, but after refilling it the damn thing started gurgling, the base part of the tank started getting soaked and I was getting the odd gobfull of 20mg nic salt.

What had happened was when I unscrewed the top cap to fill the build deck unscrewed slightly. The build deck hadn't been unscrewed completely and been stuck in the chimney, but it unscrewed from the base just enough that when reasembled juice was getting under the seal of the o-ring on the bottom of the build deck, into the airflow, dribbling out of the side air inlet, flooding the deck, gurgling like a bstd - and occasionally getting into my gob which was pretty shit.

Try taking off the top cap and checking that the build deck is screwed securely into the base. Mine still does it occasionally but I try to get into the habit of checking it hasn't unscrewed when i refill. If it unscrews completely that is obvious because the build deck remains in the chimney and you're just left with the base, minus 510 in your hand - but if it unscrews slightly it is easy not to notice and it will gurgle and turn incontinent.

The KF Lite 2019 can dribble through the air adjustment screw (the 2021 doesn't) - but this is just an occasional drop that means it is wise to dab the 510 with a tissue when you remove the tank to refill, but this is definitely not what you are experiencing - so don't constantly tweak the air adjustment screw to try and stop the leak.

Thanks for the advice! I tried the build deck and it’s totally screwed down, I even pulled it out and re-tightened it to make sure, so that’s not the issue. I guess it’s possible that my build is crap, I’m using the same build in all my RTA’s but having watched a couple of tutorials it seems like a few people are suggesting thinning out the cotton a lot more than I usually do, it seems like I could be flooding the deck by having too much cotton in there. So I’ll try that next time round.

You're going backwards perhaps in your purchasing trends?
You're comparing old rtas to more recent ones.
Try buying the latest rtas rather than last years models.

Yeah the Vertex is a bit more recent I guess but not far off, and the Reload and Expromizer and the Gate are all a similar age, 2019. I picked up the Kayfun in a sale, but on retrospect it may have been more sensible to get something released in 2022. I might grab the latest Expromizer, I had issues with the v4 too but I figured out the problem (end pin needed tightening down) and it’s been a champ since then.

do people screw tanks off the mod to fill them up? that’s madness.

edited to add: you might cure the gurgling a bit by using way more cotton than you think it should need.

Thanks for the advice! I tried the build deck and it’s totally screwed down, I even pulled it out and re-tightened it to make sure, so that’s not the issue. I guess it’s possible that my build is crap, I’m using the same build in all my RTA’s but having watched a couple of tutorials it seems like a few people are suggesting thinning out the cotton a lot more than I usually do, it seems like I could be flooding the deck by having too much cotton in there. So I’ll try that next time round.

I dunno man - I wick tight (through a 2.5 i.d. coil) cut so the cotton definitely reaches the bottom of the juice wells (you must make sure the inlet holes in each port are covered and the wells are full). I've never bothered thinning the wick as I've found it to be a dodgy move - but I use 50/50 juices in MTL. Maybe thin the wick if you are using thicker juice, but if your tank is flooding and gurgling and everything is seated and the o-rings are good - then it must be coming in through the juice wells so thinning the cotton further seems counter intuitive.

I'd go the other route, IF YOU'RE USING 50/50, fill the juice wells FAIRLY tight with cotton, making sure they completely cover the bottom of the well, add only 1/2ml of juice in case it floods

I dunno man - I wick tight (through a 2.5 i.d. coil) cut so the cotton definitely reaches the bottom of the juice wells (you must make sure the inlet holes in each port are covered and the wells are full). I've never bothered thinning the wick as I've found it to be a dodgy move - but I use 50/50 juices in MTL. Maybe thin the wick if you are using thicker juice, but if your tank is flooding and gurgling and everything is seated and the o-rings are good - then it must be coming in through the juice wells so thinning the cotton further seems counter intuitive.

I'd go the other route, IF YOU'RE USING 50/50, fill the juice wells FAIRLY tight with cotton, making sure they completely cover the bottom of the well, add only 1/2ml of juice in case it floods

Edit - make sure to check all the separate parts of the chimney and cap are screwed together securely. Your problem started after you unscrewed it to refill and it is unlikely that this should dislodge your wicking - if it worked before filling it should work afterwards, something obviously changed whilst separating to refill and reassembly.

I've got five clones of the KF in 22 and 24 guises, since the 2019 came out, upgraded the decks to the 2021 and then replaced the 510's for the plus and I think they're awesome. If it's flooding and you've got plenty cotton in already, try lifting the coil a smidge.

Edit - make sure to check all the separate parts of the chimney and cap are screwed together securely. Your problem started after you unscrewed it to refill and it is unlikely that this should dislodge your wicking - if it worked before filling it should work afterwards, something obviously changed whilst separating to refill and reassembly.

I tightened everything down and it’s still gurgling and the vape is still nasty and super harsh. The only thing that makes any difference is messing with the airflow, which I know is a flimsy piece of plastic and probably won’t last long. I’ll try a different build and see what happens. Thanks again for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom