What's new

It's raining mtl

Hello folks, was wondering if anyone had an opinion on the Geekvape Ammit MTL?

Not that great as MTL goes imho,
Didn't think that much of the top air flow control that air goes down then up onto coil
(yeah it won't leak like some bottom airflow tanks, but then if you suss them, then leaks are virtually eliminated)

Twin posts = you make half a wrap coils - no biggy, 6.5 or 7.5 instead of 7 wraps
The air hits under coil and at sides/angle (smaller holes at sides), positioning coil not too low
Or side jets will just skim over top sides of coil than hit it where it's supposed to
At times it was OK at very best, but tbh I got nothing as awesome flavour-wise like Galaxies or True or others
Big tank (24mm) & I rate Cthulhu Hastur 3.5ml (same size) better for flavour but very airy (even fully closed)
I got a little tiny bit of flooding now & then like you do, but I dunno, it never really actually hit the top spot
sometimes it came close, but often it fell short of my expectations or comparison with other great tanks out now

Std drip tip is quite hard & pronounced edges at top - I swapped out an almost identical black Galaxies tip
with a more comfortable edging - Ammit was hard as nails drip tip and not sharp edge but not as comfortable edging

Yeah this is minor crap, but not blown away with Ammit - it might have been good a while back
but Galaxies, Ehpro True have raised the bar now so Ammit & pains me to say Ares have been well surpassed by True
I wouldn't bother with Ammit, Manta MTL (real shit), Fresia - but just my own personal take on these

Last edited:
Thanks Fuctifino, so it's okay at best and if you could pick it up cheap it may be worth it.

Thanks for letting me know.

How easy was it to build with though?

Thanks Fuctifino, so it's okay at best and if you could pick it up cheap it may be worth it.

Thanks for letting me know.

How easy was it to build with though?

Quite easy, just open up both posts and drop the coil legs through
Might be best with 3mm coils but nothing bigger in there I reckon
I was using 2.5mm coils so needed to raise the coil, but as it is locked in same side posts
you are limited once you tighten down the coil, as if you raise it up loads it will sit off centre
So you need to get the hang of how close you initially mount the coil
(yeah kind of complicated to put into words, but jiggling the coil is a bit different/limited to opposing posts)
Yes you can raise the coil but as it is tethered on same side it pulls up & over towards posts so can go off centre a bit
So you need to factor this in when mounting the coil - or lift the coil into nigh on the right height/centre when tightening
(yeah still not sure I explained it that well, second time around)

Wicking channels, nothing major, all worked OK but honestly nothing that great and a fucking large tank by comparison

It is a dated tank imho - just me personally I rate the Ares over the Ammit if two of them going cheap at say a tenner
Other than that buy a True @ $22 from FastTech - with 10% off makes $20 or just over £16 is a no brainer

And is it right to assume that it's better than a Aspire Nautilus?

As does it work well with high VG to full VG liquid?

And is it right to assume that it's better than a Aspire Nautilus?

As does it work well with high VG to full VG liquid?

I can only comment on the Nautilus 2 stock coil tank which I never got on well with
apart from the leaking lottery, coils unscrewing pissing everywhere etc.....
I never really got what others rated about it - honestly the Zenith worked and produced great flavour without agro

AND THE AMMIT CERTAINLY DOES NOT BEAT THE ZENITH ( imho )

So I'm not the best person to ask about comparing stuff to Nautilus tanks as they were short lived on my mods

I use aprox 60% VG 40 PG and it was OK - never tried pure VG
(only ever ran that through tanks to flush/clean them up after a rinse to sell on)

So I can't really answer your last questions too accurately I'm afraid
Honestly - if you set your heart on it, by all means grab one - most recent MTL's are fairly decent
I'm just saying imho there are a couple of better ones out there for your money

I am no expert - far from it, but just saying I bought a few "good" tanks recently and have formed my own personal opinion
This does kinda correlate to what many others have said too, but by all means try the Ammit & you might think it is da nutz

Personally I think it is at very best just OK as I have mentioned, but just my opinion though
soz I can't offer a 101% answer on pure VG - should be OK on higher VG like most half decent RTA's but can not confirm 101%

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom