What's new

It's raining mtl

Ignoramus here.......why the sudden fuss about MTL? As an ex smoker I have always vaped MTL and thought that was what most ex smokers did?

I have been happily puffing away on my Kanger mods and tanks with 1.2ohm coils for an age and always, well mostly, get good flavours and enough nic at 6mg to keep me relatively happy. The JAC Vapour S-22 is definitely better and I do believe the flavours are cleaner with their 1.0 ohm coils.

Maybe I have much to learn. I admit to being a bit green on vaping but I now mostly mix my own juice and have been enjoying myself.
The sudden fuss is because MTL was all there was .. then Sub-Ohm came in .. and was something different for people that liked it ..

Then all the available gear went cloudy sub ohm only, and it became difficult (outside of a very few companies) to find 50/50 High Nic liquid anywhere - everything went cloudy high VG .. and MTL Vapers were largely left out in the cold - and even harder to find good MTL kit

this made a lot of people sad

now its coming back - this makes those people happy again.

Last edited:
These things go in cycles I guess. Some of the cloud chasers seem to be coming back to MTL, maybe not exclusively, but more people seem to be doing a bit of both now.

Ignoramus here.......why the sudden fuss about MTL? As an ex smoker I have always vaped MTL and thought that was what most ex smokers did?

I have been happily puffing away on my Kanger mods and tanks with 1.2ohm coils for an age and always, well mostly, get good flavours and enough nic at 6mg to keep me relatively happy. The JAC Vapour S-22 is definitely better and I do believe the flavours are cleaner with their 1.0 ohm coils.

Maybe I have much to learn. I admit to being a bit green on vaping but I now mostly mix my own juice and have been enjoying myself.
Mtl was all that was available when we first started vaping. Then people started drilling out airflow holes on rda' s and clearomizers and building sub ohm coils. 0.5 ohms was about as low as batteries would allow at the time.
Then came the subtanks. Low ohms and big airflow.
Within our hobbyist side of vaping, mtl tank choice was pretty thin on the ground with eden, by leo, gp and kayfun keeping things going while the sub ohm dtl craze went huge in China.
The aspire nautilus was as good as stock coil mtl got and ironically it probably still is.

Arr, it's really picked up the last year or so, we've had some fantastic atties to try out

I copped the Penodat only a week or so ago & it looks very Siren, I'm interested

The sudden fuss is because MTL was all there was .. then Sub-Ohm came in .. and was something different for people that liked it ..

Then all the available gear when cloudy sub ohm only, and it becomes difficult (outside of a very companies) to find 50/50 High Nic liquid anywhere - everything went cloudy high VG .. and MTL Vapers were largely left out in the cold

this made a lot of people sad

now its coming back - this makes those people happy again.
What he said.
Ironically it looks like the spica has nailed it so ultimately chasing better may be a waste of time currently. The cash may be better spent on the genuine spica
I spent eighteen months trying to perfect mtl rda vaping but ultimately spent a fortune on rda' s that where inferior to the cheap and chearful strike 18.

So if someone switched from sub ohm to mtl would you have to change your vg / pg ratio on juices too ?

Higher PG tends to carry the flavour more and compensates for the lack of volume of vapour that DTL produces.

50/50 juice is ideal for MTL. You can go up to 70VG in some cases, but it depends on the wicking abilities of the coil used. Also some high VG juices are actually thinner than others.

Back
Top Bottom