What's new

Is bigger really better?

Athamas

Postman
Expecting the usual comments from the usual suspects, but here goes anyway.
For many years I have been using RTAs and RDAs. Along with single 18650 mechs they kept me happy with the odd foray into what ever was in vogue at the time. I have to confess the whole sub-tank thing passed me by, just not interested. I have however dabbled with and enjoyed super low builds with airy RDAs, and it was fun for a while.
I have been watching the rise of pod systems and the endurance of pen devices as starter kits and began to reminisce about the convenience of the pen devices, and the flavour from cartos with a decent juice was hard to beat.
So I have found 16mm devices, and my love for vaping has been given a new lease of life. Small chambers, tight draws, amazing flavour and a convenient form factor, without relying on prebuilt coils that may or may not be available in the future.

So to answer the question - no I do not believe bigger is better!

For many years I have been using RTAs and RDAs. Along with single 18650 mechs they kept me happy with the odd foray into what ever was in vogue at the time. I have to confess the whole sub-tank thing passed me by, just not interested. I have however dabbled with and enjoyed super low builds with airy RDAs, and it was fun for a while.
I have been watching the rise of pod systems and the endurance of pen devices as starter kits and began to reminisce about the convenience of the pen devices, and the flavour from cartos with a decent juice was hard to beat.
So I have found 16mm devices, and my love for vaping has been given a new lease of life. Small chambers, tight draws, amazing flavour and a convenient form factor, without relying on prebuilt coils that may or may not be available in the future.

The strike 18mm rda has long been my favourite for flavour. Check out the new berserker mtl rda. Surprisingly good yet ugly.

I think you already know my answer.....

Have to agree to some extent.
Nicotine salts are the game changer for me.
High nicotine, 24mg plus, in a pod system or MTL RDA is a cracking little stealth vape and doesn't rip my throat out!
Don't get me wrong, I love my series mechs, but there's definitely a place in my arsenal for a small setup, heck, I've just bought a Joyetech Exceed D19!

Nope, bigger is not always better. I've been telling my fella this for 3 years, he just can't get it into his head! :17:

The most Flavoursome RDA I have needs me to use a "Hands free magnifier" find my reading glasses (where did I put them again?) and needs me to re-drip every 3 or so toots.
Small, yep. Worth it? Every penny!
Would I buy a Squonk version? Yep, if it's in my price range!
It's a Hellfire, bought second (or 3rd or 4th) hand, was expensive really, but the flavour is unbeatable.
Do I use it every day?
Nope, too much of a PITA.
Do I use it as a treat?
Yep!

The most Flavoursome RDA I have needs me to use a "Hands free magnifier" find my reading glasses (where did I put them again?) and needs me to re-drip every 3 or so toots.
Small, yep. Worth it? Every penny!
Would I buy a Squonk version? Yep, if it's in my price range!
It's a Hellfire, bought second (or 3rd or 4th) hand, was expensive really, but the flavour is unbeatable.
Do I use it every day?
Nope, too much of a PITA.
Do I use it as a treat?
Yep!
Yeah I use the hellfire viper14mm. Packs a he'll of a flavour punch. Took a while to find the right coil but once I did it certainly rewards with flavour.

I was lucky enough to buy mine with a new pre-installed coil, by someone who had it for a while. So I've just tried to imitate the position they had for the coil they'd installed.
Position of coil is premium with Hellfire stuff I presume?

Back
Top Bottom