What's new

Inawera tobaccos

Another wee update. I’ve had a bottle of their sunset virginia concentrate for a while. I didn’t like it at all, when I tried it back then, it tasted like dehydrated potato. I think I mixed it at 2 or 3%. I think @Simon G agreed, that it did taste like potato, if I recall correctly.

While browsing their site I had a look at it. They say it’s very strong, mix at 1 drop per 5ml. Mixed a 10ml bottle with 3 drops (an extra one for luck) and after sitting a couple of days, it’s actually very good.

You should try this one again @Simon G , no potato flavour here at this concentration.
I have some of this too and wasn't very keen on it on its own. I was thinking that it could be useful to dilute a too-strong mix without completely losing the tobacco flavour?

I don't think I did agree ..... I think I just gave up trying to persuade you that it didn't taste of Smash.

Maybe you didn’t @Simon G . I’m sure you said you could detect it. I’m puffing it now, and while I’m not thinking it tastes like smash, I can get a subtle note of what made me think that. But it tastes different in the background.

@Banjostring try mixing it at just 2 drops per 10ml. I really like it, and think it will be useful in blends at low ratios. Could definitely be useful for your idea. It’s strong, but not an overpowering, strong flavour, of that makes sense.

It does taste quite like virginia, it reminds me of the smell of the bright leaf virginia whole dried leaves I used to buy in half kilo bags.

I’m going to add a drop of FA honey to it.

Another wee update. I’ve had a bottle of their sunset virginia concentrate for a while. I didn’t like it at all, when I tried it back then, it tasted like dehydrated potato. I think I mixed it at 2 or 3%. I think @Simon G agreed, that it did taste like potato, if I recall correctly.

While browsing their site I had a look at it. They say it’s very strong, mix at 1 drop per 5ml. Mixed a 10ml bottle with 3 drops (an extra one for luck) and after sitting a couple of days, it’s actually very good.

You should try this one again @Simon G , no potato flavour here at this concentration.
This sounds like the type of situation where Lovage can help - a tiny amount, can let you keep the % of the tobacco up, but smooth out the offending notes. It's not a panacea, but can transform those borderline tobaccos into favorites

Maybe you didn’t @Simon G . I’m sure you said you could detect it. I’m puffing it now, and while I’m not thinking it tastes like smash, I can get a subtle note of what made me think that. But it tastes different in the background..

Yeah, That's about it ... I get where you were coming from. I didn't taste it as potato until you said it but when you did I could understand why you said it. It does have some earthy notes in there. I like it though, I bought 4 bottles when it was on offer. I've been vaping it as a 50/50 with the RY4.

It’s a strange one. The concentrate still has a strong smell of potato to me. How strong are you mixing it @Simon G ?

I’m going to pick up some lovage @domejunky , after you mentioning it before. I was planning an order from chef’s but ended up doing this inawera order. Next time I’ll definitely get it.

I think I must have mixed it at 3%. I think maybe even 2 would be potato overload for me.

I’m going to do a 50ml bottle of this and the virginia absolute at 2 drops per 10ml each and add some 1% FA tuscan reserve, 1 drop per 10ml of latakia then fig at 2 drops per 10 and 2 drops of FA honey. I think it will be good. Maybe a couple of drops of oak wood as well.

If this works out well I should do it in a short fill. Snout cordon bleu from zou’s kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom