What's new

Inawera tobaccos

@Horrand today I’ve mixed the brigade 50/50 in the squonk bottle with well steeped am4a. It’s really excellent.

How much roughly of the am4a? My brigade has just run out but I've still got some of that am4a from ~7th Jan you sent. Not that I know how stong it is haha

Edit: never mind. You said 50/50 and i assumed pg/vg but you mean am4a/brigade

How much roughly of the am4a? My brigade has just run out but I've still got some of that am4a from ~7th Jan you sent. Not that I know how stong it is haha

Edit: never mind. You said 50/50 and i assumed pg/vg but you mean am4a/brigade

Ah, no a mix of 50/50 brigade to am4a, with the am4a mixed at 3% (your bottle is mixed at 3%, so jut mix equal amount of it with brigade).

What is the brigade people are speaking of please?

Am4a and custard is a strange but nice combination. Just am4a at 3% and FA custard at 4% mixed about 50/50 in the squonk bottle and a wee shake.

Interesting that is, to me am4a tastes like marzipan, I can see that working.

It’s a really good blend @andi52 . The only problem is I don’t think the black for pipe or cuban absolute are available from any uk vendors, but my order direct from inawera went smoothly and I think the postage was less than £3 for about 14 bottles.

It’s a really good blend @andi52 . The only problem is I don’t think the black for pipe or cuban absolute are available from any uk vendors, but my order direct from inawera went smoothly and I think the postage was less than £3 for about 14 bottles.

I've been meaning to put an order in over there for about the last 5 years, hope brexit doesn't fuck it all up, I can see folks getting caned by customs in the future.

You should stick an order in @andi52 I got a few good ones from their outlet section which are priced at about 60p a bottle. It’s shit that there’s not a uk vendor with an extensive selection of them.

You should stick an order in @andi52 I got a few good ones from their outlet section which are priced at about 60p a bottle. It’s shit that there’s not a uk vendor with an extensive selection of them.

I don't understand it either, there's a dedicated hardcore group of baccy mixers out there, shops are the same, won't stock baccy juices, yet by my reckoning and having worked in a vape shop around 15-20% of vapers buy baccy juice.

I’ve mixed up a bottle with the following:

2% black for pipe
2% virginia absolute
1% sunset virginia
1% burley

It might be a bit strong for me but I’m letting it steep for a while and will dilute if necessary.

I might also do batch of brigade substituting black cat for the black for pipe.

The dnb is murder on cotton though. Quite a few of these concentrates are.

I’m also going to mix up a blend of cuban cigar absolute with FA tuscan reserve and cigar passion.

Captain jack for pipe.

This is an interesting one. Initially after mixing it seemed a bit vague but after a good few weeks (a month, maybe?) in the cupboard, it has developed quite a bit.

It has a citrus flavour. Not sour or tangy, or sweet for that matter, more of a kind of generic citrus flavour. A bit like the taste of a pomelo? I also detect a chocolately, or cocoa note. And it’s quite smoky. Not in a “smoked” sense, smoky like fag smoke.

It’s much lighter than most of the others and very clean, obviously a very different tobacco base. It could easily be from the flavour art range. It has similarities to shade, storm, layton blend...

On the whole, pretty good, I could easily puff this all day.

French pipe is along the same lines I think, a very clean concentrate without the dirty, earthy tobacco base that many of the others have, but I’ll need to revisit it and bump up the concentration as the tester doesn’t seems strong enough.

Back
Top Bottom