What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Inawera tobaccos

@domejunky is right about this cavendish, the smell from is excellent. On it’s own I can taste it but in the mix it blends away. A bit harsh at the minute, hopefully a steep will mellow it

So these arrived yesterday. I had time to mix up testers of four of them, and tried a couple.

I have to say that the tuscan garden is really good. Even just having sat overnight, it’s a very rich, full flavour. Something a bit smoky and musty about it.

Also tried the pear tobacco which I think will also be a good one. A similar tobacco note to the tuscan, a bit pungent.

@EmbraSewerRat pm me your details and I’ll send you 10ml testers of the pear and plum tobaccos if you’re still interested. They be 12mg 50/50, I’ll mix them at 3 or 4 %. Not mixed the plum yet but the smell from the concentrate is very nice.

Howdy chief, 12mg is a bit to much for this big jessie and I don't have kit for mtl. So, cheers, but I'll sort something out. The pear is sounding more interesting the more you mention it!

Howdy chief, 12mg is a bit to much for this big jessie and I don't have kit for mtl. So, cheers, but I'll sort something out. The pear is sounding more interesting the more you mention it!

How about I stick enough of the concentrates in a couple of bottles and send you them, and you can top them up?

edit: or just let me know the strength and ratio you prefer and I’ll knock up a couple of testers. I usually mix from 500ml of 12mg 50/50 base mix, but wouldn’t be much hassle to work out how much to dilute the base.

Let me know. The pear one is really good, still to mix a tester of the plum, but the smoked plum concentrate is excellent. I added some to a bottle of FA custard. So i have high hopes! :)

Sometimes I wonder if should put it in an aromatherapy oil heater

Aye it really does smell fantastic eh?

I was reading a thread on reddit about this concentrate before it arrived and the consensus there was that it (and the vapour from the liquid) smells of urine, strangely!

Aye it really does smell fantastic eh?

I was reading a thread on reddit about this concentrate before it arrived and the consensus there was that it (and the vapour from the liquid) smells of urine, strangely!
I think it does slightly - but complex smells like urine have pleasant components. It's a bit like Brettanomyces - a yeast used for beer, used to be in most beers, but now has been rediscovered by the craft brew industry - descriptions of how it tastes are things like, straw, barnyard, horses, leather etc - often abbreviated to 'funk'

I think it does slightly - but complex smells like urine have pleasant components. It's a bit like Brettanomyces - a yeast used for beer, used to be in most beers, but now has been rediscovered by the craft brew industry - descriptions of how it tastes are things like, straw, barnyard, horses, leather etc - often abbreviated to 'funk'

Brettanomyces is a thing with wine as well. My wife knows more about wine than me, I remember a discussion about it once when I picked up a note of a leathery, manure like flavour from a red bottle. An austrian pinot noir, maybe. A bit like the smell of a tannery but very subtle.

Aye, there’s something kind of musky about the cavendish. I wouldn’t say urine, but a sharpness that hangs in the air and catches the throat a bit. I really like it. The taste on it’s own is there, but seems masked now I’ve blended it, but the smell is still there.

Black jack tobacco, plum tobacco and cherry juice now mixed up in testers. A couple of drops of clove added to what was left of the garuda tester after blending some of it with the cavendish and burley...

@Horrand I mixed up some of the brigade blend. I’m piffingnit today after 2 days resting, as I was keen to try it. Will leave the rest for another week before I dabble again (60ml bottle). It’s very good, cheers for the tip.

@Horrand I mixed up some of the brigade blend. I’m piffingnit today after 2 days resting, as I was keen to try it. Will leave the rest for another week before I dabble again (60ml bottle). It’s very good, cheers for the tip.

I'm in love with it recently. It's really good when having a drink too

Back
Top Bottom