What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Inawera tobaccos

zouzounaki

Olympian
These came up in @StrawberryRipple ’s thread the other day. @Horrand mentions them here and there. I thought it might be good to start a thread specifically.

I have am4a, vanilla for pipe, dnb and virginia absolute (I also have sunset virginia and another one I’ve had for a while and didn’t like, but will need to dig them out again). Testers of the three tobaccos are steeping at the minute, but I’ve had a sneaky puff and they all seem to be very promising. Especially the pipe ones. I added two drops/10ml of the dnb to my bottle of turkish tobacco blend and it’s added a nice subtle smokiness and seems to have congealed the flavours a bit.

Feel free to post tips, recommendations and thoughts about inawera tobaccos. I might order direct from them at some point to get more of the “for pipe” ones and absolutes.

Black for Pipe 3% solo is a great flavour in my opinion. I actually like it fresh, not sure I've had a bottle last longer than a week.

Tagging @Simon G - I know he's got at least black for pipe and vanilla for pipe

I know you don't like using recipes but this recipe is a nice ashy tobacco vape I mixed up using the three INW concs.

Aye I’ve seen that guy’s recipes when you posted them before @Horrand , a few of them look quite good. The two pipe ones definitely seem like flavours I’ll puff solo.

The am4a is really strange and interesting, I just can’t put my finger on the flavours at all. It changes quite a bit, there seems to be anise, but quite subtly. I’ve thought I’ve been picking up chocolate, brandy, dried fruit flavours from it. I’ve mixed up 30ml at 1%, I think I might also do a 50ml bottle at 3% for comparison once they’ve aged.

Aye I’ve seen that guy’s recipes when you posted them before @Horrand , a few of them look quite good. The two pipe ones definitely seem like flavours I’ll puff solo.

The am4a is really strange and interesting, I just can’t put my finger on the flavours at all. It changes quite a bit, there seems to be anise, but quite subtly. I’ve thought I’ve been picking up chocolate, brandy, dried fruit flavours from it. I’ve mixed up 30ml at 1%, I think I might also do a 50ml bottle at 3% for comparison once they’ve aged.

ChemicalBurnVictim really seems to know his stuff when it comes to tobacco vapes, I think he exclusively vapes and experiments with them.

@Simon G mentioned he'd mixed the black and vanilla for pipe and it tasted a bit like Powow by Manabush but needed tweaking slightly. Did you ever tweak it Simon?

ChemicalBurnVictim really seems to know his stuff when it comes to tobacco vapes, I think he exclusively vapes and experiments with them.

@Simon G mentioned he'd mixed the black and vanilla for pipe and it tasted a bit like Powow by Manabush but needed tweaking slightly. Did you ever tweak it Simon?
This has peaked my interest. Watching closely [emoji102]

'Congealed' is not a term I would have thought to use for describing flavour profiles, but well, I can be a bit of a jessie at times....:D

So, @zouzounaki - tell me a bit more about the vanilla for pipe, it was mentioned yesterday and it has my ears pricked, is it just a vanilla tainted pipe tobacco or something more interesting???

I've not really done any mixing at all, been vaping through my stock. :D

I think Vanilla for Pipe is pretty similar to TPA French Vanilla Deluxe though, they both have a kind of buttery, custardy sort of vanilla taste that reminds me of powwow when mixed with tobacco. I'm not saying it's anything like it really but it's reminiscent of it to me.

'Congealed' is not a term I would have thought to use for describing flavour profiles, but well, I can be a bit of a jessie at times....:D

So, @zouzounaki - tell me a bit more about the vanilla for pipe, it was mentioned yesterday and it has my ears pricked, is it just a vanilla tainted pipe tobacco or something more interesting???

nah if anything it's tobacco tainted vanilla .... like I just said reminds me of TPA french vanilla deluxe with a slightly dirty background note.

I’m waiting for it to steep for a week or two. Had a wee blast of it yesterday and liked it, the vanilla is a good one, and I could detect a wee slight hint of pipe tobaccy. I’m hoping the tobacco comes out a bit more, but if it doesn’t I’ll beef it up a bit.

But yes, from the wee tester I think it has potential. Tastes somehow “rustic”.

But the am4a is going to be the one. I can just tell this is going to be great after a couple of weeks.

I read a review of french pipe which said it’s also a vanilla one. Wonder if that one might have more pipe?

Back
Top Bottom