Votes: 6 19.4%
  • 1-1.2 mm . Tight but not that tight

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • 1.3 mm - 1.5 Loose Mtl

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • >1.5mm Airy Mary

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters
Nope but added to my tunes. The riff has been used in loads of things. I have a big collection but am awful at naming them. I mean really awful. I know most of my records by the do-do’s but not the actual names. Addled music brain
Are they filed according to do-dos? :D

I believe the stock hastur mini is 1.4mm? I voted 1.3-1.5 based on this. Usually run mine on the smallest afc setting.

I think it’s hard to work out @Toastie as it has two holes under the coil. I found it pretty tight though, but it was a while ago I had one, mind.

I think it’s hard to work out @Toastie as it has two holes under the coil. I found it pretty tight though, but it was a while ago I had one, mind.

Yeah, I heard somewhere that it's 0.7mm on each of the two holes. Mine doesn't seem as tight as people make out, but mine is a j model and has the wider bore long drip tip which way have something to do with it. The sxk doggy can go tighter if a smidge from fully closed.

I think the area of two 0.7mm circles is less that one 1.4mm circle though. So I’m sure it will work out tighter than 1.4. Maybe somebody who’s better than me at maths will be able to tell us. @speedfreek67 ? ;)

I think the area of two 0.7mm circles is less that one 1.4mm circle though. So I’m sure it will work out tighter than 1.4. Maybe somebody who’s better than me at maths will be able to tell us. @speedfreek67 ? ;)

Well hopefully I've voted for the correct one. Then again, with the afc fully open it is too loose, so how do we account for airflow setting? The sxk dog for example can go from loose to relatively tight on a 1.6mm hole. I've just confused myself now.

See, I found the ring on the hastur mini made hardly any noticeable difference. I actually got about the same draw if I had it fully closed, ie the inner hole in between the inner holes. I wonder if I had a duff one...

Okay. The area of a 0.7mm circle, according to an online circle calculator, is 0.38mm2. So for two, that would be 0.76mm2.

Whereas the area of a 1.4mm circle is 1.54mm2.

Which means your preference is about the equivalent of ~1mm @Toastie .

Back
Top Bottom