What's new

Higher resistance coils

Simebaby

Postman
Hi All
Any recommendations for where to source higher resistance (i.e. above 1 ohm) coils from?
Taking pre-wound rather than wire (that can come later, if at all :D)
All the sensibly priced pre-built ones are sub-ohm that I can find.
TIA
Si

The Vandy Vape range isn't too bad, I don't know if they do tubs of separate coils but I've bought 10ft spools of the 2-32/40 MTL Ni80 that was easy to get above 1 ohm for a (fairly) complex wire and worked pretty well for me - but I got it from eBay a few years back...

Do they have to be above 1ohm? I use vandyvape 0.74 superfine Clapton's for MTL or for 1 ohm or above nature vape do some prewound coils.

Hi All
Any recommendations for where to source higher resistance (i.e. above 1 ohm) coils from?
Taking pre-wound rather than wire (that can come later, if at all :D)
All the sensibly priced pre-built ones are sub-ohm that I can find.
TIA
Si
Honestly - go for the wire. All the hard work in building coils tends to be in fitting them. Once you've made a choice (plenty here to help) winding it round a screwdriver takes seconds. ;)

Do they have to be above 1ohm? I use vandyvape 0.74 superfine Clapton's for MTL or for 1 ohm or above nature vape do some prewound coils.

There are different versions of the Superfine range - the 2x30/40 work out between 0.70 - 0.80, but the thinner 2x32/40 is easy to get above 1 ohm, I've only seen it in 10ft spools though.

They don’t have to be - I’m using some Coilology 0.7 SS and 0.92 Kanthals at the moment with no probs. I just thought it might squeeze a bit more life out of the battery tbh.

They don’t have to be - I’m using some Coilology 0.7 SS and 0.92 Kanthals at the moment with no probs. I just thought it might squeeze a bit more life out of the battery tbh.

If you're using a regulated mod it won't make any difference at all as you decide how many watts to vape at. A mech mod will use more power if you go low ohms, but a 0.7 ohm coil may be a little toasty for MTL on a mech.

There are different versions of the Superfine range - the 2x30/40 work out between 0.70 - 0.80, but the thinner 2x32/40 is easy to get above 1 ohm, I've only seen it in 10ft spools though.
Ha ha I'm lazy and buy the premade ones, they come as staples though so I wind an extra half and they come out about 0.76 - 0.78 for my tanks. As said Nature vape do a 1 and a 1.46 I think.

If you're using a regulated mod it won't make any difference at all as you decide how many watts to vape at. A mech mod will use more power if you go low ohms, but a 0.7 ohm coil may be a little toasty for MTL on a mech.
I thought the draw on the battery would be less for a higher resistance coil on the same wattage.? Or have I got that completely wrong? (No surprise if I have).

Back
Top Bottom