What's new

Help with BP Pioneer Wicking

Bit late to the party as usual
This is my last build and it works as it should
I use 28awg kanthal 2.5mm id coil, labo cotton
20210222_212057.jpg
20210222_213519.jpg

It might not do anything but I always make sure I can not see my cotton from this side of the deck
20210222_213445.jpg

I do not comb at all just fluff my cotton
I pick up the cotton ends with a tweezer and gently push it into the juice well( I will try to find a reference vid on yt for you)
I only use 70pg/ 30vg mixes in all my rtas

I do as he does it 12:55

The best wicking method for me:
• place the coil as low as possible without it touching the deck of course
• cut the wick short, just outside the juice holes
•as the wicks are short, don't rest the wicks on the deck, try to have the wicks ends closing the juice flow but don't go outside the wicking holes as you'll get dry hits
• push the wicks away from the walls
This way it will wick properly and you won't get any gurgling or dry hits.
The mistake a lot of ppl do is to rest the end of the wicks on the deck just like an RDA as Vick was saying in his review. Well that's completely wrong as this way you'll have the side of the wicks on the juice flow and the ends on the deck and that will cause it to leak and gurgle.
Hope this helps

Attachments

• IMG_20210226_232044.jpg
    IMG_20210226_232044.jpg
    481.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20210226_231843.jpg
    IMG_20210226_231843.jpg
    493.2 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20210226_231701.jpg
    IMG_20210226_231701.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 150
I'm really struggling with the Pioneer. As soon as I put juice into the tank on a new build it floods the deck instantly. I'm using SS316L single wire 2.5 8-9 wraps and plenty of cotton. Some people have suggested cutting the wicks longer. I have just read Mario1985 comments suggesting shorter wicks. I will keep trying but this is not a lot of fun at all. :S

I'm really struggling with the Pioneer. As soon as I put juice into the tank on a new build it floods the deck instantly. I'm using SS316L single wire 2.5 8-9 wraps and plenty of cotton. Some people have suggested cutting the wicks longer. I have just read Mario1985 comments suggesting shorter wicks. I will keep trying but this is not a lot of fun at all. :S

I haven't had much of an issue with mine and just wick it like the videos show. I do have the wick just touching the bottom of the deck and make sure it doesn't come through the little wicking channels. Some people on one of the other threads mentioned unscrewing and filling from the bottom rather than the top, that might help, I don't know.

You do have to be sure that the wicks don't touch the sides of the decks, even when they expand from having juice in them. I usually check now and again that they're still away from the sides.

I haven't had much of an issue with mine and just wick it like the videos show. I do have the wick just touching the bottom of the deck and make sure it doesn't come through the little wicking channels. Some people on one of the other threads mentioned unscrewing and filling from the bottom rather than the top, that might help, I don't know.

You do have to be sure that the wicks don't touch the sides of the decks, even when they expand from having juice in them. I usually check now and again that they're still away from the sides.
For the last two re wicks It’s been vaping great! I’m not entirely sure what the issue was, but I’m thinking now was it the way I was screwing it all back together. Every time I re wick now I wash the chimney and “glass” out and put the glass on the deck first before screwing the chimney section on to ensure it is level and has no gaps. I’ve gone back to a slightly spaced coil 28g 2.5mm. Around 1.2ohm. I find it also helps after you’ve pulled the cotton towards to the wicking hole to create the seal that you leave a bit of cotton in the wicking holes to prevent it wicking too fast. I’m hoping it continues to vape well!

I wonder if I've damaged something but I can't see anything obvious. Mine seems like a seal/pressure issue. If I pull the drip tip out and push it back in it forces juice out the air holes. I've wicked this 20 times or more in the last few days and every one has leaked. It shouldn't be this hard.

Back
Top Bottom