What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Help with BP Pioneer Wicking

The o-ring on the base would stop it leaking from the sides of the tank.

One of my Pioneers' is a P.I.T.A when screwing the base back on.

If I don't get it right there's a 1mm gap at one side between the base & the bottom of the tank.

If your tank is sitting like this then maybe the chimney isn't sitting flush with the deck too? Just a thought.
I found mounting the tank first before screwing the top and chimney on cured that

Yeah I wasn't aware of this until I seen it mentioned in GrimmGreens' MTL shootout vid.

I do the same, then grab the ends of the cotton with my tweezers & tuck them down into the deck holes.

Edit - Sorry, not flush with the outside of the deck. Flush with the outside of the whole base.
I’ll try leaving it longer on my next build then. Do you tuck the tails all the way? I know you have to be careful with the cotton sticking up because of it pressing against the bell causing leaks.

Yesterday I went longer and packed the excess cotton down a bit harder. It's just one of those things where you have to work to discover the sweet spot between leaks and dry hits. Do like the atty a lot for all of that, bought a second one last week - although I baulked at spending over £100 on the titanium version :D
Did that work well for you ? I really do like the Tank, I really want to get it working properly. Using 50/50 liquid can cause more issues then thicker liquid I think.

Did that work well for you ? I really do like the Tank, I really want to get it working properly. Using 50/50 liquid can cause more issues then thicker liquid I think.
Yep, and I only use 50/50 in all my MTL tanks.

Any popping/gurgling or any weird noises at the moment? If you could post a picture of your build that would be great!
The next time I need to rebuild it - I never strip a working atty :D

Any further tips to help? With the photos I posted of my wick, does it look like I need more cotton ?

I’ll try leaving it longer on my next build then. Do you tuck the tails all the way? I know you have to be careful with the cotton sticking up because of it pressing against the bell causing leaks.

I do my best to tuck the tails down to the bottom of the wicking wells.

After that it's just following what Bruce from BPMods said in his build video.

If you still get leaking after trying slightly longer wicks, then maybe you need more cotton overall in there.

Basically the coil should be trying to move a bit when you pull the cotton through.

I do my best to tuck the tails down to the bottom of the wicking wells.

After that it's just following what Bruce from BPMods said in his build video.

If you still get leaking after trying slightly longer wicks, then maybe you need more cotton overall in there.

Basically the coil should be trying to move a bit when you pull the cotton through.
Thanks. I’ll try re wicking again and see what happens. Do you fold the cotton from the bottom of the tails or just push it slowly Until it’s filled?

Back
Top Bottom