What's new

Help with BP Pioneer Wicking

Craig Pate

Initiate
BP Pioneer Wicking Help

Hey Guys

I’ve re wicked my Pioneer a few times now and I’m having trouble having a good vape experience with it. I’ve watched multiple videos including Bruce’s and followed people’s advice on how to wick it and I’m still getting a little seepage from the airflow holes.

My main issue is getting a smooth vape from it, I’m getting a lot of loud gurgling/bubbling sounds and I’m pretty certain I’ve got enough cotton in there, I’ve got enough that it’s tight in the coil but not too tight, there’s no cotton touching either sides and my coil is firing evenly. I’m using a 28g Kanthal coil, 2.5mm. Using 50/50 liquid.

This is my Current Build

Any help would be appreciated!

Cut your wick length to the outside edges of the base.

Make sure the cotton is pushed away from, and not touching, both the deck posts and the chamber restrictor.

According to Bruces' video anyway, doing this should stop any gurgling / leaking.

My only other suggestion is to make sure your tank is screwed on properly / evenly.

And make sure your 510 pin in screwed in tight, and it still has the insulator in there.

Moar cotton.

As Moody said, cut it longer so more cotton goes into the base. I always forget every rewick and end up pulling it apart to extend the cotton.

Moar cotton.

As Moody said, cut it longer so more cotton goes into the base. I always forget every rewick and end up pulling it apart to extend the cotton.
Thanks for the reply. Where do you usually cut to? I usually rest my scissors flush with outside of the deck. Can you see any other issues?

Cut your wick length to the outside edges of the base.

Make sure the cotton is pushed away from, and not touching, both the deck posts and the chamber restrictor.

According to Bruces' video anyway, doing this should stop any gurgling / leaking.

My only other suggestion is to make sure your tank is screwed on properly / evenly.
Cotton is not touching either side, that’s something I make sure of. I’m pretty certain the tank it’s screwed on to the base properly, otherwise I’d have leaking from where the glass sits, right ?

I’m pretty certain the tank it’s screwed on to the base properly, otherwise I’d have leaking from where the glass sits, right ?

The o-ring on the base would stop it leaking from the sides of the tank.

One of my Pioneers' is a P.I.T.A when screwing the base back on.

If I don't get it right there's a 1mm gap at one side between the base & the bottom of the tank.

If your tank is sitting like this then maybe the chimney isn't sitting flush with the deck too? Just a thought.

Thanks for the reply. Where do you usually cut to? I usually rest my scissors flush with outside of the deck. Can you see any other issues?

I do the same, then grab the ends of the cotton with my tweezers & tuck them down into the deck holes.

Edit - Sorry, not flush with the outside of the deck. Flush with the outside of the whole base.

Yesterday I went longer and packed the excess cotton down a bit harder. It's just one of those things where you have to work to discover the sweet spot between leaks and dry hits. Do like the atty a lot for all of that, bought a second one last week - although I baulked at spending over £100 on the titanium version :D

Back
Top Bottom