What's new

[SOLVED!] Help needed with the Damn Vape Diamond

Thinking out loud again...

Should I try more wraps, or spaced, to make the coil a bit wider so the ends are nearer the juice wells and away from the airhole?

Not got this one, but just in case it helps, on these type of decks the last thing I do after wicking is poke my cotton-prodder under the wick on each side of the coil and lift slightly to move the wick away from the air hole.

I like the sound of that @Crewella - Now where did I put those toothpicks?

This is great fellow Apes - I'm getting my inspiration back for this tank :)

My first build on this tank leaked everywhere but since then I've had no problem with leaking or dry hits... This is how I wick...

Firstly my coil...
20200531_211202.jpeg

I then cut the cotton so it will reach the bottom of the wicking slots.
20200531_211136.jpeg

I work the cotton into the wicking slots starting at the back of the cotton and then stuffing the rest in so that it's tight in the slots.
20200531_211039.jpeg

The last pic shows the cotton after a bit of chain vaping where its still wet and not close to a dry hit.
20200531_211400.jpeg

The secret to my success it making sure the wicking holes are full of cotton and right to the bottom.

It seems to work for me, hopefully it will for you.

Cheers for taking the time and trouble to post the pics @kersey

POTV is awesome :)

I bought the Diamond because I was confident it was going to be a great tank. The short vapes I've had so far have given great flavour and vapour.

I just this minute nearly chain vaped my Expromiser dry again lol. It's such a good tank IMO.

Back
Top Bottom