What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Hellvape MTL Clapton coils

More watts for some extra surface area with the coil, it can be helpful for thicker juices, but it's mostly gimmicky (on the MTL side, IMHO - i can see the use outside MTL) unless you make a habit of vaping juices that need an extra bit of cooking. I have a spool of fine MTL clapton wire that has been helpful with a few juices, but preferably i'll just use my regular wire (some juices just do a nasty job on simple round wire, the clapton certainly helps a bit there). I'm my own worst enemy on coil life though, i'm vaping sub-ohm/high-vg shortfills in a MTL tank (i like the cost effiency and vape, but not chugging a ML of juice per puff), so i have to just deal with the drawbacks that comes with.

More watts for some extra surface area with the coil, it can be helpful for thicker juices, but it's mostly gimmicky (on the MTL side, IMHO - i can see the use outside MTL) unless you make a habit of vaping juices that need an extra bit of cooking. I have a spool of fine MTL clapton wire that has been helpful with a few juices, but preferably i'll just use my regular wire (some juices just do a nasty job on simple round wire, the clapton certainly helps a bit there). I'm my own worst enemy on coil life though, i'm vaping sub-ohm/high-vg shortfills in a MTL tank (i like the cost effiency and vape, but not chugging a ML of juice per puff), so i have to just deal with the drawbacks that comes with.
Best use of mtl clapton coils is in squonk rda 's. You can use the vand vape ones in drippers like the narda or airlab at sub 20w and get a great thick vape.

I looked at the coil specs and had a wee chuckle to myself, 38 over 28 kanthal dual coils is what I use in my stacked mechs and it almost bakes yer lungs out yer chest... suspect MTL isn't gonna be the same somehow, LOL. Not long after I joined here I asked about claptons and more exotic stuff for MTL and was told to behave myself, my how the world spins...

Back
Top Bottom