What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Hellvape MT

monstermash

Achiever
Got me an MTL tank first one in many years based on reviews by Vic and some others. Few builds few rewicks this thing seems to wick juice up the drip tip constantly current build is a 1ohm 9wap .45 gauge kanthal and no matter the ohms I’m sipping juice. Spose can try lifting the coil some but anyone got any experience with this and this tank?

Never tried it. Does look like quite a narrow chimney on this. Have you tried using a bigger bore drip tip?

Not extensively I guess I can try it. I’m thinking antivspitback tip but only have a SS one ATM

I have one and it will behave itself for hours then all of a sudden it leaks the juice out everywhere!! Iv'e tried filling it and leaving it overnight and not a drop leaks put it on a mod and it's great I really like it then has a hissy fit and throws the juice out again, I have no idea what is going on but it tends to sit unloved until I decide to give it another go and so we go on!!

I have the same tank try and lower the coil closer to sir intake, open the air whole slightly or if one of the two don't work use 2mm coils and that should hopefully solve it.

Great tank favourite at the minute.

The leaking you got spread the cotton to cover the wick wholes, remebr if you are running 50 50 it's going to be thinner.

I have my coil sat about 3 mm of the deck and use the 3 pin hole air flow insert with the airflow on the 2nd biggest slot.

I like a loose draw mind so it won’t suit everyone but I’ve found that’s a good balance for not leaking or getting dry hits / slurping up juice.

I did also use a wider bore drip tip as mentioned above as I didn’t like the ones it came with.

Once you nail down the way you like it it’s a great tank but it took me a bit of faffing about to get it right compared to other tanks like the berserker or kayfun which are a piece of piss to get right from the get go [emoji1303]

I have my coil sat about 3 mm of the deck and use the 3 pin hole air flow insert with the airflow on the 2nd biggest slot.

I like a loose draw mind so it won’t suit everyone but I’ve found that’s a good balance for not leaking or getting dry hits / slurping up juice.

I did also use a wider bore drip tip as mentioned above as I didn’t like the ones it came with.

Once you nail down the way you like it it’s a great tank but it took me a bit of faffing about to get it right compared to other tanks like the berserker or kayfun which are a piece of piss to get right from the get go [emoji1303]
Try and push the coil lower closer to the deck above the air whole, it's got be super close but close enough to foul the deck and that should sort it took me a week to figure it out

There's also a massive difference in how people vape. Tanks I love, other's find to be hot juice straws due to the way some draw strongly on a tight chamber.
Definitely recommend trying a slow relaxed draw with the airflow open to see if that helps.
Sometimes it's simple things that have nothing to do with the build.

I like the flavor it produces, I like how they made "turnable" air inserts but that baby leaks like crazy...as discussed here here. :-(

Back
Top Bottom