What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Hellvape MD MTL RTA Help!!

Guys, i just figured it out. Mine isn`t leaking. The driptip that comes with it is condensating juice at the top of the tank. That`s causing juice in my mouth and flooding in the deck. So, i just put some thin cotton around the hole where the driptip goes in. No more juice outside, no more gurgling. Tank is always clean. Just put a cotton that do a complete 360 degress, and press it with the driptip and it willl sit down. You can also change the driptip.

Attachments

• 89949819_3045280815516049_1789901382652788736_n.jpg
    89949819_3045280815516049_1789901382652788736_n.jpg
    221.3 KB · Views: 345
Guys, i just figured it out. Mine isn`t leaking. The driptip that comes with it is condensating juice at the top of the tank. That`s causing juice in my mouth and flooding in the deck. So, i just put some thin cotton around the hole where the driptip goes in. No more juice outside, no more gurgling. Tank is always clean. Just put a cotton that do a complete 360 degress, and press it with the driptip and it willl sit down. You can also change the driptip.

Yeah, changing to a slightly wider bore drip tip can solve this type of problem.

@MoodyB (and all of you*) Which build did u use? 2.5mm from infographic, shorter cuts on the end? (and specific cotton)

*EVERYONE can mention their exact builds. Simply cos multiple solutions** were mentioned, and the clearer instructions we have - the better.

**different drip tip / drip tip w/ cotton to collect condensation
**shutting down 1 of two ports on the moving air insert (BTW, it's cool that it can be changed by moving; cool idea by Hellvape)
**wicking w/ different type of cotton
Etc.

PS. The main leak is through the airflow at the bottom, I think we all agree on that. [emoji106]

And it's not a small leak (here and there) at all...I'm experiencing complete leak out of the whole tank, all of a sudden (even if it doesn't leak for a while, it still does at some point!) :-(

I'm using a 2.5mm coil. 316L SS 5 wraps. 4-5mm'ish thick strip of Fibre Freaks Cotton Blend (density 2).

Place my scissors on the black oring on the base & cut at a slight angle. Comb the wicks slightly & trim to the oring again if needed.

Even with a 70% PG mix I haven't had any problems recently.

No leaks for over a week, but as I said in my previous post my mod is mainly sitting upright & hardly ever rattling around in a pocket.

Also I'm not using the stock drip tip as I don't like it. And I don't have any cotton in the 510 like Bernardo Lima as I don't need it.

I was using this driptip : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/510-DRIP...var=492054075759&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Until I switched to the clear Dvarw styled tip here a few days ago : https://www.fasttech.com/product/9690340

Probably not the prettiest buil you've seen to date, but it's not leaking at all. In fact, I've never had a leak from the MD, no matter what build I've put on it. The actual coil is 2.5mm ID, 27awg Kanthal, 7 wraps, 0.99 ohm(?). This is probably the only tank that never leaked. But I do have a lot of condensation on the drip tip but I'll fix that later.
IMG_20200324_125027.jpg
IMG_20200324_125048.jpg
IMG_20200324_125058.jpg
IMG_20200324_125213.jpg

@Marsalis, closing one of those two? Which one, 1 or 2?View attachment 213721
How to close it effectively with what we have as DIY supplies? (something that doesn't evaporate chemicals like glue or something that's not prone to heat damage)
Rubber, as in parts of spare/unused/old O-rings? That can close it, but probably not hermetically.
I'm so frustrated with this tank, I'd try anything! [emoji22]

The large one, number 2. You're right, it must be hermetically closed. O-rings wont do the job. I've used a piece of silicone baking mold which is non-toxic, petroleum free material. No leaking whatsoever.

I have just bought the hellvape RTA as I thought I would try something new and having the same issues. I too have my Siren in a draw along with countless others. The only one that hasn't leaked that I keep going back to, and I thing I will by another, is the Innokin Ares MTL. It is a shame that it doesn't have the small mouthpiece that the hellvape has, but I have never had it leak and the flavour is good.
I always seem to run into problems when I try something different! I do like the Hellvape except for the leaking. The leaking isn't massive but enough to be annoying!

@OGP
I'm new to RTA's and my first attempts with the MD had leaking issues but recently they've stopped since I got better at wicking. I've successfully re-wicked about 12 times now and it's been good.
I get the occasional "sweating" around the airflow control ring but I can live with it. I use the MD for my ADV and get great flavour from it.
I found using the standard mouth-piece that it came with caused a lot of condensation so I've put in the spare wide bore one that came in my Innokin Adept Zlide kit and there's very little condensation now.
I also found that using the 3 hole airflow turntable thing has helped and when I wick I make sure there is no cotton near the holes.

Funnily enough (Just my own observations) I was also getting similar leaks from my two big Nautiluses and so I analysed my vaping technique and found I was blowing slightly before drawing and since I improved my technique the Nautiluses and MD haven't leaked.

If you like it and want another Ares (Version 1) then VapeClub have it at £9.99

I have just bought the hellvape RTA as I thought I would try something new and having the same issues. I too have my Siren in a draw along with countless others. The only one that hasn't leaked that I keep going back to, and I thing I will by another, is the Innokin Ares MTL. It is a shame that it doesn't have the small mouthpiece that the hellvape has, but I have never had it leak and the flavour is good.
I always seem to run into problems when I try something different! I do like the Hellvape except for the leaking. The leaking isn't massive but enough to be annoying!

Ares V2 is coming out soon. Looks like it has some good improvements

Mine never leaks, just make sure your cotton isn't sitting over the air intake and your good.

Used a spaced coil and stretch the coil half mm Past the air wholes. The air wholes will only have a cool over them not cotton.

Make sure you put decent amount of cotton in the wick and your good.

Remember wick does expand when there's juice in there.

70vg brush the wicks on 50 VG just a light brush on the wicks.

Back
Top Bottom